Forums » Elder Scrolls

What New Spells Could Be Added In The Next Elder Scrolls Or DLC

• April 6, 2013 12:26 PM EDT

In my opinion the range of spells in the destruction school is awful for example they only use three elements fire, shock and frost and in my opinion they haven't made frost a very effective school it seems very weak when you use it and to be honest it does not slow down warriors or beserkers that much and i think the best of the three is fire because is quite powerful and you can use it for all enemies but even with fire they don't have a big range, firebolt and incinerate are the same and so are ice spike and icy spear except the damage not not much imagination has gone into it there. With the destruction school they should add more elements with a wider range of spells for example earth spells eg: rock smash, earthquake etc or water spells like tidal wave or something like that i think they need to add a wider range of spells in the destruction school.

With Alteration i love the 'flesh' spells it's brilliant if you are a mage for armor but really they are the only alterarion spells you will use. you will never use waterbreating that's more of a gimmick and telekinesis however cool it is is useless and even the detect life spell there is a shout for that that costs no magika also magelight and candle light are also useless i hardly ever use them, fair enough paralyze is good but you never use it all the time the same with transmute and equilbrium they are useful but you don't use them a alot. they need to add more useful spells that you will use alot even if you are not in comat or just to protect your self like maybe a gravity suspension spell that lifts them of the ground for a few seconds and does damage when they fall or a teleport spell just to get away to heal yourself or to get over a mountain you don't want to climb.

I think conjuration and illusion are fine there spells suit their schools but with restoration it kind of starts to go into the illusion school with making the undead scared they should give those spells to the illusion school and add more intresting spells to do with illusion. Or maybe even add a few offensive spells such as a spell that takes the life from an opponent and gives it to you and i know they have vamparic drain which does that but that is very weak and does little damage they need a spells that does a certain amount of damage in one blow.With dawnguard they have added a heal undead spell which no one will ever use so it is useless they had a chance there to add a few more intresting spells to the resteration school to do with dawnguard and they messed it up with a spell we will never use they added brilliant conjuration spells conjure boneman and mistman which make a change to the normal atronachs but with the restoration school they didn't do aswell so for me they need to add a few more new spells to the restoration school.

Please tell me what spells you would like to see or if you disagree with me and think that more could be added to illusion and conjuration, tell me what you think.