Forums » Elder Scrolls

Stormcloaks or Imperials

• 32 posts
    March 4, 2013 11:21 PM EST

I know this has been done and that many people will probably ignore this but after everything that happened with the civil war and that everyone chose who to officially side with, who did you finally pick for roleplay purposes or for just the sake of the civil war?

Did your choice effect how you look at the DLCs of skyrim in the rpg factor or your own beliefs?

Do you ever regret your choice for being Stormcloak or do you regret being a Imperial soldier?

Tell me what you think.

(My opinion)

I believe that I'm a Stormcloak through and through when I play as a Nord, but as any other race except elf I'm an Imperial soldier, when I'm an elf I'm all about the Thalmor even tho the Thalmor isn't a playable faction I try to be one of them.

• March 4, 2013 11:45 PM EST
    I despise Nords, so that should give you a decent idea of my outlook on the Stormcloaks. My political preference goes like this; (Crowns of Hammerfell>)Aldmeri Dominion>Empire>Stormcloaks.
    • 37 posts
    March 5, 2013 12:10 AM EST

I played both factions but found that i like stormcloaks better. Being called unblooded or Stormblade is way cooler than auxiliary or legate.

• 661 posts
    March 5, 2013 12:13 AM EST

Screw em both man, just a bunch of woman-defiling, land-hoarding, unreasonable bigots. Every last one of them. FUCK EM. they are both just horrible armies. But if I had to choose a side it would be with the Stormcloaks. They got vikings, and in the real world vikings over powered the Legion.

• 377 posts
    March 5, 2013 10:38 AM EST

On my first play through I was a Stormcloak because I didn't like being on the chopping block. But once I thought of the big picture I became an Imperial for life.

• 30 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:13 PM EST

Imperial Legion here, I have a strong dislike of the Stormcloak leadership as well as the mindset of several of their supporters/soldiers. Ralof is about one of the only, if not the only Stormcloak I can actually tolerate, and I hardly ever go with him during the tutorial. Nine times out of ten I'll go with Hadvar.

I've only had one dedicated Stormcloak character, and that character finished the Stormcloak questline before even hitting level ten, after which I stopped playing the character. I have no further intention of creating another pro-Stormcloak character. Anti-Imperial maybe, but not Stormcloak.

Overall, I'm pro-Imperial, anti-Stormcloak and Dominion sympathetic.

• 966 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:24 PM EST

More and more people are going with the Dominion, very few remain with the Empire. 

Empire FTW.

• 271 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:27 PM EST
    *cough* Milk-drinker! *cough*

:P
    • 377 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:28 PM EST

"Upon my honor I do swear undying loyalty to the Emperor, and unwavering obedience to the officers of his great Empire. May those above judge me, and those below take me, if I fail in my duty. Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empire!"

• 966 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:34 PM EST

Pfft, we still have the finest wines with more alcohol than any Nordic drink!

• 271 posts
    March 6, 2013 2:38 PM EST
    I would have joined the stormcloaks more often if Ulfric and most of the nord-soldiers had a different opinion on other races. I just hate how some nords just treat beast/elf races like shit.

(I wonder why Rolff stone-fist is unkillable, that basterd would be killed by all my chars)

So Im a pure milk-drinker, I guess! :P
    • 6 posts
    March 10, 2013 12:02 PM EDT

I've been a Nord since I started playing TES series with Oblivion.  I make a point of killing any Thalmoor or Imperial patrols and arming their prisoner.  I'm too proud a Nord to bow to a neutered Empire.  Now if the Empire was in better shape it might be a different story.  So I continue to follow the Stormcloak's lead though I wish I could kill the pretentious, prejudiced Ulfric and take over the rebellion myself.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    March 11, 2013 2:14 AM EDT

I'm a bit torn on this question every time. On the one hand, I remember the Legion being noble and keeping the peace back in my Oblivion days, and they are probably the best chance there is of stopping the Aldmeri Dominion from taking over. However time has passed and Uriel and Martin Septm are long dead. I trusted them to do what was best for Tamriel given Uriel Septim's track record and soothing Patrick Stuart voice and Martin's selflessness. They're gone and the Empire is basically a sinking ship at this point as many provinces have gained independence. Perhaps it's time for people to rule themselves. All that said, no Empire could well lead to complete chaos and countless deaths.

Then you have the Stormcloaks. Ulfric is a bit misguided in some ways, but his overall premise that the Nords should take control of their land makes good sense. A good portion of the Nords are backward and racist, but there are just as many good, hard-working folk that have a right to worship as they please and be left alone. The Nords are far from perfect, but I think there are enough honest folk to justify them ruling themselves despite some radical citizens within Skyrim. Far as any outsider is concerned, why not let them kill each other as they are wont to do and just stay out of it? By pissing them off it will only make their warlike ways spread beyond their borders in outrage.

So you have the corrupt old Empire that may still be the only hope of civility and on the other you have the partially valid rebellion that ultimately just wants to mind its own business within Skyrim. Tough call every time I play through, part of why Skyrim never gets old for me. I tend toward siding with the Legion, but only because I spent hundreds of hours as the Champion of Cyrodiil =p

• 4 posts
    March 14, 2013 7:14 PM EDT
    It all depends what kind of character I'm playing. If it's a zealous, emotional character they are obviously going to dig the rhetoric of the Stormcloaks. More pragmatic, lawful characters like mages and archers tend to side with the Empire. I've never played a Dominion friendly character, but would be interested in trying someday.
    • 14 posts
    March 14, 2013 8:13 PM EDT

Even if my characters have their own opinions about the factions in Skyrim, I'm a Aldmeri Dominion fanboy myself. Although none of the factions in the actual situation of Tamriel are 100% perfect, I just love Altmers and their way of seeing the world.

I don't like the idea of Talos being praised as a god, the Empire is dying and, honestly, Ulfric is a douchebag. 'Nuff said.

• 3 posts
    August 5, 2013 2:32 PM EDT

Im pro imperial in the long run. The only negative I see, is how the Imperials bitch an complain about how Ulfric "murdered" the High King.

Like the man on the chopping block in Solitude said, Ulfric challenged him to a fair fight. Ulfric won.

Given, maybe there should have been a few more witnesses other then Ulfric's General, (just my guess) but the Imperials should quit cryin bout the situation, and overthrow him the same way he had done.

Still, pro imperial, cuz the stormcloaks are racist against my kind (orcs and elves)

• 69 posts
    August 5, 2013 2:39 PM EDT

Always for the Imperials, except when a high elf. As a high elf I join the DB to kill the emporer and then I kill all civilians that I find on the roads.

The Imperials are a more sensible choice due to the fact that the Stormcloaks alone could not take the Thalmor and the rest of the Empire. If the Empire was united they could push the Thalmor back out.

• 47 posts
    August 5, 2013 2:45 PM EDT
    All depends as an Argonian or Dunmer I go with Stormcloaks because I feel less hated. Nords I go with either of them. Imperial I am well an Imperial and every other race I just don't play through the civil war.
    • 159 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:07 PM EDT

I love the stormcloaks The absolutely only reason sometimes I hate being one is the mission in whiterun where you must kick out balgruf and all the hate he has for you it makes it soo sad cause hes one of my favorite characters in skyrim other than that being a stormloak is awesome! I love galmar and the stormcloak officer armor!    

• 159 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:10 PM EDT

The one thing i wish for skyrim is that is should a option in the war to say make your own side!  Spoiler ALERT! Like they did in fallout new vegas! that would be the best to just screw over both stormcloak/imperial so skyrim can be truly independent! 

• 4 posts
    August 11, 2013 3:26 PM EDT

Pro Imperial here aswell.

The stormcloaks have an noble goal and that I can understand but, I dislike Ulfric alot because he does more than his soldiers know. And he is an overall Douche-Bag.

• 15 posts
    August 11, 2013 5:12 PM EDT

As a proud serving Orc who regularly follows the Will of Malacath, I stay out of Skyrim's mess. Soon though, I will follow my father and my father's father footsteps and serve the Legion for a few years. After that, I will return to my Stronghold. 

• August 11, 2013 11:01 PM EDT

Stormcloak, because they have ideals that appeal to me. 

• 19 posts
    August 11, 2013 11:08 PM EDT

I agree.

• 2 posts
    August 11, 2013 11:39 PM EDT
    I'm going to take this from a roleplay side, I'm going to go through all the races I'm comfortable role playing, NORD: it all depends on his mindset, I planned on doing SC all the way, ralof, graymanes, and I decided, I should base it off my views of the jarl, though I decided to make it interesting, and the mind he had was being corrupted, he became darker, and I saw the imperials in a greater light, and I saw the stormcloaks as a selfish cause, who wanted to form a second empire, of nords, I then decided I would leave the decision to the next generation, and later I will distribute my journals notes and tools to my child, who will make his own choices, I will give him his skills, his strengths, his blood, talents, everything, but I will NOT shape his mind. The decision is undecided as of now