Forums » Elder Scrolls

Headless?

• 2 posts
    January 18, 2013 1:55 PM EST
    After a year of playing Skyrim, I came across something I have not seen before, a Headless Horseman. Is this a quest or something? When I targeted the horseman it said "talk to horseman". I of blindly tried then kicked myself for thinking I would get an answer from a headless ghost. Any ideas where to go with it?
    • 180 posts
    January 18, 2013 2:02 PM EST

The horseman doesn't do much. If you follow him he will eventually lead you to a small graveyard where you fight some skeletons and a boss draugr. You can find a magic helmet near by and a master level chest.

• 131 posts
    January 18, 2013 2:05 PM EST

It would seem he is merely an Easter Egg in the game or perhaps leads to a dungeon. I remember finding him once but I didn't think anything of it :(

• TAG
    • 1 posts
    January 18, 2013 3:24 PM EST

he is an easter egg  but as TwistedOrthrus mentioned if you follow him you do come across a small cemetery fight some skellies and a boss draugr and there is a majic helm and an expert chest

• 57 posts
    January 18, 2013 4:06 PM EST
    XD when I first found him I chased him around for 15 minutes never got to the graveyard though....
    • 856 posts
    January 18, 2013 7:07 PM EST

I remember back last year I spent a long time trying to find his head - no success (I still wonder).  Twisted is right about the graveyard.  I've encountered him a fair distance from it, but he always heads that way. I posted a pic of me and the headless horsemen riding together last June.  Link.

• 856 posts
    January 18, 2013 7:08 PM EST

Helm ?  Was there a skull in it?  Did you try to 'present' the helm to him (or the skull if it was there)?

• 253 posts
    January 18, 2013 9:05 PM EST

Oh wow I have been there tons of times but never noticed the helmet .

• 377 posts
    January 18, 2013 9:23 PM EST

You've had Skyrim for a year and just now came across the headless horseman?! You must not play it that much, I guess. Keep playing it, there's tons of cool/odd things one can encounter playing Skyrim. Hint: don't fast travel.

• 2 posts
    January 19, 2013 12:31 AM EST
    I have a swaying attention span. When a new game comes along I stop playing and move on. I am also a toon-a-holic. Never happy until I discover the ultimate build (secretly hope I never do, would ruin my fun). Currently a Dark Elf archer/illusionist vampire that robs Everyone of all their weapons and clothes.
    • 952 posts
    January 19, 2013 6:29 AM EST

The magic helmet respawns, it's a great source of money.

• 253 posts
    January 19, 2013 10:29 AM EST

I went there today just after reading this, I could not find it , maybe I just have really bad eyesight. I guess I will google it.

EDIT: Googled it and it turns out it is to the left in the grate... 

• 291 posts
    January 19, 2013 10:41 AM EST

:|  I still haven't found the Headless Horseman in spite of some 400 hours of playing.  Guess it's because I'm not out much at night?

Though, I now want to put him in a story somewhere.  Not the one I'm currently writing, but maybe the next one.