Forums » General Gaming

Need serious technical help.

• December 7, 2012 10:10 PM EST

Ok guys, I'll explain the situation on what I need help with. So I bought on Dragonborn, but then my Xbox broke (something wrong with the disc drive). So I just bought a new Xbox, I transferred my saves (and DLCs) over to the new Xbox. So I switch to the profile my Sorceror is on, but I notice that it says no Add-ons downloaded. So I switch back to my Xbox Live account (not the same one as my Sorceror), I re-download the DLCs, I go to the Skyrim main menu, it lists the Dawnguard and Dragonborn, as it should. So I switch back to my Sorceror profile, but again it says I have no DLCs (this is after I disconnected from Live). So I switch back to my Live account (though still unconnected from Live), and it says I have no Add-ons downloaded. I have no idea what's going on, I have spent the entire day trying to get Dragonborn, I had it, but it disappeared. I am getting incredibly pissed right now, considering I spent the entire day wanting to play Dragonborn and near $200 on a new Xbox. Does anybody have any solutions?

• December 7, 2012 10:26 PM EST

I only have a Silver membership

• December 7, 2012 11:01 PM EST

I downloaded Dawnguard no problem. The problem is probably the transferred files.

• 34 posts
    December 7, 2012 11:49 PM EST

*THIS IS THE FIX* You need to transfer your licence to your new console, you can do is under account settings. Basically links your account to your new xbox so you can use your DLC, after you do that you need to redownload the DLC (If already downloaded it will only take a few seconds). If you do not do this you will need to be on XboxLive and on the profile that owns the DLC to use it.

• December 7, 2012 11:58 PM EST

Bit of an update. I can keep the DLCs if I never A.) log off, B.) switch to another account, C.) turn off the system, D.) never disconnect from Live or E.) go back to the Xbox home. Any of these will result in my losing all of my Skyrim Add-ons, and I will need 

• 34 posts
    December 8, 2012 12:03 AM EST

I just told you the answer. You need to have a Content Licence transfer. Log into your gamertag, Go to account setting, and transfer the licence. Here is a guide, xbox.com is down for me but this will work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMZXSAzUdfE

• December 8, 2012 12:16 AM EST

Yeah, I'll try that tomorrow, I'm going to bed, freakin' tired 

• 34 posts
    December 8, 2012 12:18 AM EST

We'll, that's your answer. Been through a lot of xbox in my day. this will work.

• December 8, 2012 12:23 AM EST

I hope so, boy do I hope so