Forums » General Gaming

Sequels that don't do justice to the Prequels.

• 158 posts
    November 1, 2012 9:45 PM EDT

This is a rant. therefore This is entirely opinonated so it would be weird if people didn't disagree.  Also if I forget what something is called it will be hence forth named "Thing"

I recently started to play Dragon Age again. Dragon age is, of course, an RPG. It is a brilliant game with great action sequences levels and cutscenes. It was fun to play, and introduced an unorthodox fighting system that was both original and fluent. I have spent many a hour trying to set up the perfect team tactic for every situation and have had much fun doing so.

And then *Queue dramatic piano*

I Decided to play dragon age 2.

Dragon Age 2, to be frank, was terrible in comparison. The first level is promising. Even though they completely revamped the combat system. following some cookie cutter questing we see our character arguing with a dwarf. The argument is about going on an expedition. After your character is rejected the dwarfs brother decides to help you. Because he can. The only catch is you need 50 sovereigns. (Gold). This means you are forced to do side quests. Horrible, repetitive, side quests. Did I mention you are in the same 3 areas for the entire game? 2 of those are the same area split into day and night ^_^ 

This is the beginning of the end.  The rest of the game are the same areas with the same textures fighting the same enemies. Oh, did I mention that the last boss is a giant cock rock compared to the dragon from the first game?

Anyone else know of terrible game sequels?