Forums » Elder Scrolls

ESO preview....

• 966 posts
    October 28, 2012 10:42 AM EDT

Don't think so, just about all Elder Scrolls fans know of this already, and Bethesda and Zenimax are really good at creating hypes for games like Skyrim and ESO. I think it will be succesfull merely because of the Elder Scrolls part.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 10:54 AM EDT

Yes it will be enjoyed a lot by fans ( myself included ) but we are not that many. To any other "gamer" out there who hasn't heard of the ES series this will be another WoW.

• 966 posts
    October 28, 2012 10:58 AM EDT

Not that many? There are millions who will be intrested just by the Elder Scrolls part, every major gaming site has covered ESO by now, alot of major youtube channels have expressed their intrest, not to mention all the commercials and such that will come when it will be released. Bethesda *or Zenimax* will make sure everyone will hear of ESO.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:16 AM EDT

I really don't see all those millions. I mean look at this blog: barely 1k users.

• 966 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:30 AM EDT

about 2500 members on this site, but there are millions. It recieved millions of votes for game of the year for a start.

• 668 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:31 AM EDT

There may be only thousands on this blog but they are very dedicated thousands. Not everyone that plays is on sites like these.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:39 AM EDT
    The same was with sw:tor and look at it now. Millions of people were excited about it. I can't help but see eso like a repeat of history.
    • 966 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:42 AM EDT

Nah, ESO is different, trust me - I'm a dragon.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:44 AM EDT
    Lol ! I sincerely hope you're right :D
    • 291 posts
    October 28, 2012 11:57 AM EDT

Yes, I don't know what happened with SWTOR.  It had great mechanics and a truly stellar story arc (being a smuggler was awesome), but I guess it just didn't have enough bells and whistles or something.  Maybe there wasn't enough freedom/small detail...yes, I think that might be it.  It was a little too themeparky than what people expected.  Don't get me wrong, the planets were huge and fun and there was enough things to do...just...hmm.  I felt there was something missing that would have really tipped it over the top.

Maybe ESO will avoid this problem.  I certainly would love to see them use SWTOR's voice acting, though.  That was really, really cool.

• 952 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:05 PM EDT

Skyrim sold over 10 million retail copies of the game, they sold millions of copies from services like steam etc. where you have to download it, and a lot of people downloaded it illegally as well.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:14 PM EDT

yeah and sadly, only a tiny fraction of them remained "loyal" to the game.

• 856 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

Actually we have over 3k members.

• 952 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:17 PM EDT

Oh I wouldn't say that. Lots of people play it still. More than you would think.

• 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:29 PM EDT

Well, i guess we'll have to wait and see :D. I really don't think it will last more than a year ( mostly because of the large number of bugs and my previously posted reasons  ) but it will be a joy if i'm wrong. Cheers !

• 2 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:44 PM EDT
    I am head over heals in love with game-already. Maybe we all can form our own guild or something?
    • 291 posts
    October 28, 2012 12:46 PM EDT

Quite a few people have expressed that sentiment.  I think whether we make it official or not, people here will end up making a guild out of the members regardless. :)

• 2 posts
    October 28, 2012 1:07 PM EDT
    Lets hope the idea blossoms, it will be fun too see how diff members play their characters and if there actually made from builds on this site :)
    • 6 posts
    October 29, 2012 11:24 AM EDT

I just hope my crap PC can run it even on the lowest graphics, fucking NVIDIA says they can't upgrade my graphics card for some reason 

• 577 posts
    October 29, 2012 1:45 PM EDT

I just edited the official Elder Scrolls Online website. Not sure if this is new or not, but just came across it. Looking fancy. Personally, I like more grittiness from the art. Not so much KoAmular.....But still cool

• 1 posts
    November 9, 2012 12:32 PM EST
    The introduction video released a few days ago looks quite flashy. Ultimately it will be an MMO and MMOs are a much different beast than single player RPGs as they will always have to develop with not only the group, but also balance in mind. This is one of the areas that single player games are free from and which can add superb elements to. The entire shout system would be cast out of an MMO. Many of the spells would need to be castrated to balance them for PVP.

The strong universe, lore and visuals has paved the way for this to be a successful set up well, along with the fact that Matt Firor is leading the charge and the 3 v 3 system in DAOC worked superbly. However players unfamiliar with an MMO setting will be be in for a huge surprise in the change of play and pace.