Forums » The Lounge

ONE RING

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:17 PM EDT

I have been finding rings everywhere I go lately. I am seriously not kidding: three parks, the zoo, the sidewalk, my backyard. Sooooo, I'm pretty sure the universe is preparing me to find THE one ring and go on a life-changing quest to free the world of it's evil. Therefore, I am now recruiting traveling companions for this task. 

Please apply below.

Include:

race (elven, orc, human, goblin, manticore, ent, etc.)

attributes

strengths and weaknesses

also a brief description of what makes you an ideal traveling companion. Bards are welcome, but know that you may be arrow fodder if required. If you own a giant eye patch, consider yourself hired. 

• 557 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:32 PM EDT

Skyrim races or LOTR races?

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:55 PM EDT

You tell me, Emer.

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:58 PM EDT

LOL, I think redneck counts as a separate species sometimes, Ben. But ya didn't tell me why I should drag ya along. If it's for the case of Pabst Blue Ribbon or the 3 Lynard Skynard songs you can play on your acoustic...well, maybe you could make a case for being a decent archer since all rednecks like to smother themselves in deer pee and run into the woods with a compound bow. 

• 285 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:37 AM EDT
    Hey! Half my family are rednecks and they prefer shotguns. :P
    • 668 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:46 AM EDT

Nice, Spectre. So far I have 2 rednecks and a "race and class unknown." I think the world is going to end. I have no chance to redeem us.

Speaking of shotguns, they are my LEAST favorite weapon in games. They are too slow, don't hold enough ammo and take forever to reload. The damage they do is negated by all the negs. 

And I wasn't dissing rednecks, Spectre. Some of the nicest people I know are NASCAR loving, country music listening, trucker-hat wearing hillbillies. Although I do try to bring them over to the light and away from the evil that is country music. Vile caterwauling that is!

• 285 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:53 AM EDT
    2 things,

1. I never said I was redneck

Non
    Athletic
    Sport
    Centered
    Around
    Rednecks
    • 668 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:02 AM EDT

Ooops, sorry Spectre. Guess you are in the non-redneck 50 percentile of the family. No shotguns for my quest then. Buut, then you neglected to say what you bring to the party of travelers. I assume it isn't your wit.

NASCAR is NOT a sport. If somebody's obese uncle can participate, I don't consider it sport, just contest. Like bowling, darts, etc. In my opinion sports require athletes to participate. Driving a car around in a circle for hours does not qualify.

• 668 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:04 AM EDT

I neglected to mention that in order for this to be successful, I must have a rotund friend named Samwell involved. Preferably a shy, awkward, self-deprecating type.

• 952 posts
    August 28, 2012 5:12 AM EDT

Race: Orc

Class: Ironclad Berserker

Strenghts: Killing things, not dieing

Weaknesses: CAKE

Sorry Shannon, I don't have a gaint eyepatch. But I do use a giant thick, heavy steel armour, that way I can charge into anything and kill it unless someone shoots me repeatidly with a crossbow. I need an archer to kill them off before they can shoot.

• 952 posts
    August 28, 2012 5:49 AM EDT

NO HATING OR RACING. I love races, Rally, Rallycross, Formula 1, DTM, that kind of stuff. But you are true they need to be trained people. It gets extremely hot in one of those cars and they need lots of endurance to be behind the wheel in those conditions for ours and even 24 hours like they do it here.

• August 28, 2012 7:20 AM EDT

Well clearly you're Sonic and you have just haven't told us yet, silly :P Anyways, Name: Deadpool. Race: Deadpool. Strengths: I'm Deadpool. Weaknesses. Pfft :P Ideal traveler reasons: I immediately charge at things on sight, and frequently quote Robbaz( could be a con if you bring your nephew :P)

• 162 posts
    August 28, 2012 7:28 AM EDT

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You'll have my sword."

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

Strenghts: Sword master, Stamina, Agility, Loyality.

Weakness: Compassion.

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 9:32 AM EDT

Race: Dragon

Class: God-King

Strengths: Cannot die, can kill everything, and knows alot of jokes.

Weaknesses: Can be distracted by hot girls, fridges, and CHEESE.

Who doesn't want a big immortal dragon around who can kill everything, hell, if you pay me enough you can fly on my back. Or in my belly, someone needs to keep ol' Titan company down there.

• 856 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:10 AM EDT

Awesome pic...(would be a nice addition to the picture gallery, if it isn't there already).

• 856 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:28 AM EDT

Race:  Nord-Khajiit hybrid ?

Attributes:  Fairly agile, fairly intelligent, stronger than average

Strengths:  Strategist/Tactician.  Experienced in various weapons/unarmed.  Excellent night vision.  Loyal.  Will protect women and children with life.  (Carries cheese).

Weaknesses:  Women (esp. redheads), children (esp. undead ones), honor-bound, aged

@ Shannon, Re:  Shotgun.  7+1 in chamber seems like enough shells.  Maybe this combat shotgun will change your mind about them.

• August 28, 2012 4:23 PM EDT

That last sentence reminds me of something...

• 140 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:41 PM EDT

Ok, Shannon, if you are the leader of this mission, um, quest sort of thing, then I have to say it would be my honor serve...hope these credentials will meet your specifications!  

Race:  Elf

Attributes:  Agile and intelligent

Strengths:  Dead on aim archery skills, high speech and persuasion skills (occasionally modified with a pacify type spell)...why fight when we can talk ourselves out of a "situation," decent knowledge of flora to aid in healing.

Weaknesses:  the tendency to weep profusely when confronted with the natural beauty in the droop of a flower, or how the sunshine filters through the canopy of leaves overhead;  blood red rages when children are abused or threatened.

Okay, now you are making me want to create a backstory...and oddly enough, to write a little story with the above mentioned cast of characters...hmmm...

• 140 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:42 PM EDT

Can dragons actually digest cheese?  Fair warning...as an elf, I have a very delicate nose...

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:45 PM EDT

Titan wouldn't be able to fit in there^^

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:46 PM EDT

Don't worry, i only use that gass attack if theres someone around that i don't like. :P

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:48 PM EDT

I would read that story, just make sure to make each of us look epic.

• 140 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:58 PM EDT

That is good to know!     Now would you be a dragon, like Akatosh in TES lore from the King Edward book, that could change size at will?  That would be a sweet talent, so you can come into the taverns with us in the towns!  Or do you prefer the intimidation factor of being this huge scary dragon??  

• 952 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:59 PM EDT
    Ha, as an Orc I don't have to worry about food, I won't get sick from it, and if the need is there, I can always eat a bit of anything, including humans, hobbits or elves.
    • 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 5:00 PM EDT

I can change into a Human form, so i can blend in, go to places dragon's can't go, and ofcourse, be able to party with mortals.