Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hearthfire details leaked??

• 67 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:12 AM EDT

Its being reported by an independent source on the tinternet that this is the details of heathfire:

"Hearthfire, the next official game-add on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has arrived. For the first time in the Elder Scrolls universe, purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, trophy room, and more! With Hearthfire, the possibilities of what you can build are endless."

While this may have to be taken with a pinch of salt, the source Derptemp6698, did leak DLC information for Mass Effect 3 correctly a while ago.

If, and i stress if, this is true what are people's responses? As a PS3 player I obviously want to see Dawnguard first, however this is something i havewanted to be able to do for a long time, especially when you see PC players having player house mods and I think this would be a great small addition to Skyrim!!

OXM article

• 32 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:42 AM EDT

It would be cool but hopefully, it would be part of a large DLC. If not, Microsoft's gonna be pissed that this is their last timed exclusive DLC.

• 189 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:59 AM EDT

If they add buildable houses and spears, I'll buy it regardless of the main story.

• 708 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:14 AM EDT

As cool as building a house is, it'd wear off pretty quickly. I really just use my house for a big storage area and maybe to display a couple of items.

If this does eventuate I'd probably just make one with loads of weapon racks and 4 chests (crafting materials, items I might want later, potions, and stuff I can't be bothered selling at the moment)

• 952 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
    You can build your own mountains and land with the Creation kit, that is ofcourse if you play on PC.
    • 952 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:33 AM EDT
    If it's just the ability to build a house I won't buy it. I already have a mod that does exactly the same thing except that it's on a fixed location. Hell, I can even build my very own village or town with RTS already. A DLC like that isn't worth my money.
    • 966 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:42 AM EDT

We should atleast be a jarl by now

• 377 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:50 AM EDT

Oh no... no no no no no no... not Bob the Builder DLC... goddamnit Bethesda. If I could put an "Epic Fail" stamp I would.

• 966 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:57 AM EDT

Why does everyone assume this is the WHOLE DLC, it maybe just a single feature.

• 377 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:59 AM EDT

Kill Elisif and Ulfric - "I'm High King now, bitches!!! If the Empire doesn't recognize my sovereignty I'll conquer them too. By myself. Cuz I'm the Dragonborn."

• 67 posts
    August 24, 2012 6:00 AM EDT

based on the wording i would have said, looking at it its similar to in-game description of dawnguard. So if the source was correct i believe this would be it.