Forums » General Gaming

Everyday "life" video game....

• 577 posts
    August 21, 2012 11:41 PM EDT

I couldn't help but post this. This is absolutely fantastic! Ah the nostalgia this gives me. And I used to think of these things before I ever even touch or seen a video game!! (they weren't really invented yet. Yeah, I'm a little older than the average on here)

Like in the video says, what are some you play in real life in that melon of yours?

• 342 posts
    August 21, 2012 11:46 PM EDT

:D i use to play some of those games, thanks for the memory refresh Ty :)

• August 21, 2012 11:54 PM EDT

Hmm, when I'm on the sidewalk, I have to be fully on a square if a car passes. That's one example.

• 577 posts
    August 21, 2012 11:59 PM EDT

I know, kinda weird huh? I used to go on alot of road trips with the family when younger and did quite a bit of imaginative highway games. 12hrs in the car will do that to you. Kinda glad I didn't grow up with Vistas, DES's, etc....hell, I don't know what they're all called. Handheld shit,lol....got trusty ol'Sam jumping with me! LOL!!!

• 54 posts
    August 22, 2012 12:13 AM EDT

Did you get this from 9gag?

• 856 posts
    August 22, 2012 12:19 AM EDT

I too had a 'Sam' (or some variant thereof).  Interesting vid.

• 577 posts
    August 22, 2012 12:21 AM EDT

No. Not sure what that is...I believe G4 posted it and then I went to youtube to bring it here

• 63 posts
    August 22, 2012 12:26 AM EDT

He forgot to mention the

1. wind surfing with your hand game out the car window

2. tiny winged (or not) toy flying through the air game

• 291 posts
    September 5, 2012 11:57 PM EDT

Oh, good, I'm not a total lunatic!

I'd pretend I was outside of the car, racing at breakneck speeds like the Sam thing.  Or leaping from car to car and riding them to our destination.  Or using the landscape as a backdrop for some Zelda-influenced epic fantasy.

Today, I imagine things like...pretending I can see the wires in lampposts that go under the ground like roots connecting to other posts.  Predicting the precise moment the light will change.  Making up stories about what people are really talking/thinking about in their cars as they drive.  Riding the grocery cart back to the car instead of walking it like a normal person.  The goal is to drive the cart like a mine cart and get there without putting my feet down.

• 577 posts
    September 6, 2012 10:05 AM EDT

Wow, I forgot that I started this thread....That's pretty cool about the wires in the lamposts. Got some cyberness thoughts going on there!

To this day I'll still make up conversations that I "think" what people are saying. lol Used to do that in grammer school at lunch with my friends. Looking/Observing other kids across the room and do a play by play on what they were thinking about their sandwich. It was very comedic to my friends and I