Forums » General Gaming

Preferences?

• 44 posts
    August 3, 2012 12:05 PM EDT
    I was just curious as to what preferences everyone had?

First person or third person view? Why?
    What difficulty do you play on?
    Favorite house? Follower? Who are you married to?

Apologies if this already exists, being on mobile makes it hard to scroll through and find anything of the sort :s
    • 557 posts
    August 3, 2012 12:08 PM EDT
    First Person, I just like the way it plays.

Master :D I feel like that's how the game should always be played.

My favorite house is the Windhelm house (forget the name) and my favorite follower is Cicero. That little guy is demented!
    • 10 posts
    August 3, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

First person, I can't get use to 3rd person. I usually play on master because the other difficulties get to easy to fast, playing on master levels everything out a bit. I usually don't use the houses but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Breezehouse in Whiterun because it's close to everything. I don't really use followers unless the story line requires it.

• 44 posts
    August 3, 2012 12:20 PM EDT
    I usually play in first person, MAINLY because of archery, and when I'm snooping through peoples' things, I don't want to accidentally steal something.

I feel like a n00b, but I won't lie, I play on novice, lol. Not because the game is hard but simply because I'm an impatient person. Fighting one dragon for ten minutes would really irk me.

So far, my favorite home has been Honeyside, but I know the Markarth house will soon be (couldn't buy it due to the Forsworn quest glitch, but I made a new character and know how to work around it now).

My favorite follower so far has been Mjoll. Currently married to Jenassa on my main, but no one on Dar'Brii.
    • 856 posts
    August 3, 2012 12:24 PM EDT

First Person to play - I have a difficult time 'hitting' my target in anything other than 1st person.  On occassion,  I may switch to 3rd person, mainly to get look at my character, and get a quick glimpse to make sure I'm wearing the correct gear, for example, my characters change clothes - I don't wear armor in walled cities.

I play Ironman Master.  (Ironman = Dead is Dead).  I play on Master, becasue anything else is too easy for me.  I play ironman because if my character dies, it just doesn't feel right to reload and continue onward - I do make exceptions if the death is caused by a bug/glitch.  Speaking of which, I rarely take advantage of a glitch (no feeling of accomplishment if I have to cheat to get there)   However, there was one exception, the glitch had both negatives and positives effects associated with it.  It occurred after some perk/skill choices - I was not aware of it until after the fact - I didn't want to 'start over', so I just used the old adage, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  I also have a difficulty exception with one character.  I have an orsimer that I play on Adept ... he's just runs around killing baddies - no quests - I save him when I'm not in the mood to think/worry about things, and I just need to cleave - I use him mainly to get my mind off things irl.

Favorite house - often depends on the character.  If I include mods, my favorite is Orlong's Hearth - the 'wow factor' - the author made 'Sorters'  - just click on the appropriate choices and items are are sorted into different containers (ingots, ore, leathers/hides, ingredients, food, potions, etc.).  Followers vary, but I usually don't bother with them.  Only one of my characters has gotten married - One of my orsimer toons married a female orsimer from a stronghold.

• 952 posts
    August 3, 2012 1:17 PM EDT
    1st person because that feels much more natural to me.

Expert difficulty because it's pretty hard but doesn't make it too hard, like master warrior random bandits and other randomers.

Honeyside, cozy interior, cheap, many containers, many booshelves, manequins and weapon stands. And last but not least, a beautiful houscarl and 2 free chickens.
    • 285 posts
    August 3, 2012 2:20 PM EDT
    1. First Person, just feels right

2. Expert, not too hard, not too easy

3. Honeyside and Vlindril Hall, Those houses are better than breezehome, and much cheaper than the last two.
  • August 3, 2012 2:45 PM EDT

Depends, melee I use 3rd person, and any ranged I use 1st person.
    I switch based on the build, mostly expert but I'm doing a Masters Run with a Barbarian( done), Nightblade, and Warrior. I like Vlindrel Hall( Markarth) it's decent sized, and looks really welcoming, next would Hjerim( Windhelm). I like Mjoll but she talks a lot( but it's not funny like Cicero), so either DBI or Uthegerd( she's a good follower and you can get her almost immediately). I barely ever marry, it's kinda pointless( though I did marry Ysalda and then did Night to Remember quest, and her oblivious-ness was hilarious).

• 577 posts
    August 3, 2012 9:22 PM EDT

First person...always. Third to just look at me mug and get-up. I perdominatly play with archery, so it's best in first person. Just like it all around. Getting immersed is key and first person is ideal for me.

Play on Adept, but have been on Expert with my higher level character. I'm with Dar'Brii, I'm not into fighting a dragon for 10+mins and draining all my resources. I tend to want to enjoy a good game like Skyrim, not just worrying about surviving the whole time. Plus if the Xbox D-pad would use all the directions for hot keys, I may be more inclined to "master" it up. It's a real pain to always have to go to the favorite list every single time to switch weapons, drink potions, use magic, etc. Console players know what I'm talking about....

I want Hejjiiiieemm (sp) in Windhelm, but it's glitched. Proudspire is sufficient. Don't do much followers anymore, but I do like Jordis. Married Mjoll....cooks, runs a shop and fights..nice! 

• 31 posts
    August 4, 2012 4:45 PM EDT

I use both 1st and 3rd persons, but mostly 1st.

I play on Adept.

Fav house is Breezhome in Whiterun.

My fav follower is Sadia from Whiterun  and I`m marreid to her.(Rash and Nice women)