• 557 posts
    July 29, 2012 8:58 PM EDT

Luckily I got my Whet-Fang to level 81 today 

• 557 posts
    July 29, 2012 8:59 PM EDT

I know that, but the other way is more fun 

• 557 posts
    July 29, 2012 9:06 PM EDT

I've gotta Aela to give me lycanthropy after I was cured of vampirism to try the Dawnguard perks, but I still don't really like it.

• 557 posts
    July 29, 2012 9:06 PM EDT

And everyone in Fort Dawnguard.

• 426 posts
    July 30, 2012 7:19 AM EDT

I thoroughly enjoyed being a vampire lord. The abilities were great fun especially the vampiric grip and night eye. Being able to fly across skyrim causing havoc. The only big niggle I have had is when I played through on the dawnguard side of the expansion. I seem to contract vampirism if a vampire merely glanced at me. Even in a small random encounter I would find I contracted it and would only be aware once you get the note saying you feel strange as the sun sets, or someone in a town said you look ill. I thought it would be more obvious or at least take a bite from one.

• 557 posts
    July 30, 2012 11:06 AM EDT
    It actually come up in the corner, as if you've been poisoned. And I still think biting would be a better way to get it as well.
    • 98 posts
    July 30, 2012 11:27 AM EDT

Does anyone know about the Ring of Hircine glitch where you can still have the ability to transform after you've cured yourself while while wearing the ring? If so does anyone know if you could have that and the vampire lord transformation allowing you to be the ultimate creature. the questions just been pulling at me since I heard about vampire lords. I play on PS3 so I cant test it for myself.

• 1 posts
    July 31, 2012 3:53 PM EDT

Though  i haven't played dawnguard yet(PC user), i have been making much use of vampirism as of late. Without the dawnguard dlc or any mods i think really comes down to one's playing style,roleplaying etc. Right now i have 2 vampiric characters,an argonian death knight based on brandon jackson's build and a dunmer nightblade,but only in the latter do i actually make good use of it with the boost to stealth and illusion magic and all. So even though i like vampire builds and am going to try out your Whet fang build when dawnguard comes out, I generally use vampirism more for roleplaying

• 557 posts
    July 31, 2012 7:34 PM EDT
    I think vampirism should be used for the advantages it presents (in Dawnguard).
    • 63 posts
    July 31, 2012 9:12 PM EDT

I see a white elephant in the room and I'm wondering what other people think about it. To me vampirism in the TES series is "it's own thing." IN other words, a TES vampire contracts vampirism not through a bite but through the spell ability. A TES vampire can exist in daylight. I always feel like people should NOT be comparing TES vampires through the lense of stoker's vampire lore.

• 409 posts
    July 31, 2012 9:17 PM EDT
    I agree and the twilight abominations should not be considered vampires
    • 557 posts
    July 31, 2012 10:22 PM EDT

It is its own thing, but a vampire in general is a Stoker original. Anything with vampirism will immediately be compared to it, either subconsciously or flat out. The Vampire Lord concept is something different though.  

• 409 posts
    July 31, 2012 10:28 PM EDT
    Dawnguard is kind of like if Van Helsing and Underworld had a baby but the while vampire monster transformation thing has been done in movies
    • 557 posts
    July 31, 2012 10:47 PM EDT

I know that, I mean the magical spells and things like that.

• 426 posts
    August 1, 2012 8:53 AM EDT

Just the other day I had a funny glitch regarding vampirism. I had completed dawnguard on the dawnguard side with serena in tow the whole way. Avoiding or removing vampirism with potions when contracted. After finishing the expansion I continued to have serena with me and after fast travelling to a new location the screen went red and I got the message your powers recede when you feed. Diving into the active effects menu I surprisingly found I had all the positive and negative effects active for being a vampire without contracting it or feeding on anyone. After multiple attempts of reloading and playing through the same bits it kept happening. My only course of action was to send Serena away and it stopped??? Could her feeding inadvertently given me vampirsim????  

• August 11, 2012 6:18 PM EDT

The Dawnguard vampires are AWESOME!!!! But I still prefer playing on the dawnguard side of things for the crossbows