Forums » General Gaming

League of Legends

• July 23, 2012 2:35 PM EDT

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this game, but I can't find any good reviews on it. So would anyone here recommend it? What are the main reasons it's good( or bad)? Any constructive responses are appreciated :)

• 271 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:41 PM EDT
    You don't need to listen to me, but....it's sucks! Just...sucks! I know that some people don't think so but, i do. some friends of my are playing it, and i have tried it. Feel free to try it, but i don't think you would like it! :-\
    • 8 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:44 PM EDT

Love it i play this daliy it better to play with friends then alone but a 5/5 for me 

• 952 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:56 PM EDT
    My brothers play it and I find that it's pretty stupid. People only buy the stuff for their heroes that the internet says they should do so everyone always buys the exact same stuff for certain heroes, the gameplay is mainly buttonbashing on a weaker or more damaged person and I think that LoL will be just another phase among people just like runescape that nobody plays anymore.
    • 8 posts
    July 23, 2012 3:03 PM EDT

your right about the buttom mashing but i think it wouldnt be a phrase unfounately like runscape. People who dont know how to build heros/champions go online and look up builds that other have made which is weak sauce unlike the more experinced player who make there own custom builds and play for the fun of it well unless your a try hard

• July 23, 2012 3:58 PM EDT

Thanks for the replies guys! I've decided to try it( it's free and I'm bored). Except I'm having trouble running it( though it probably has something to do with me). I figured inspiration of a build for Skyrim could come from another game but the games Im playing now are pokemon( which kicks ass), spec ops, lost planet, and Batman. But none of those coincide very well with Skyrim. Btw whether you like the game or not, listen to Dan Bull's rap about it, it's sweet!

• 111 posts
    July 23, 2012 4:06 PM EDT

Well I was a fan of Oblivion (TESIV) and played it happily for months. Skyrim is a tale for 1st person RPGers who like sword and sorcery gaming. There are many similarities in the structure of the Skyrim game to that of Oblivion which is set in Cyrodiil of which Skyrim is a province (questionable now because of the civil war) 

The good stuff 

A huge world which is full of things to do beside the main quest

Fights with Dragons which are are gripping and tactically challenging 

Fantastic graphics and artistic design with wonderfully captured landscapes, sometimes like a stroll through the Himalayas or the Alps(though it's meant to be Nordic) 

Good battles which are not simply hack and slash and some which you should avoid in the early stages of your character's development unless you are into getting squished big time

Plenty of quests and things to do outside the main plot theme. In fact I bet you will never get around to doing absolutely everything it is possible to do in the game - there's just so much of it

It is or can be if you are into role playing really immersive

Not so good

The AI isn't great and sometimes it can be (the friendly stuff) a pain

It's really buggy- not game stopping but irritating nonetheless