Forums » Elder Scrolls

What your favorite build on the site?

• 8 posts
    July 21, 2012 10:15 AM EDT

There alot of build out on this site and i wanted to know what are your favorite builds being your own or one that some else had made.  

• 856 posts
    July 21, 2012 10:56 AM EDT

We had, just a few weeks ago, a contest b/w the master builds (legendary was not a category, at that time).  Paul randomly paired the different builds, and the membership voted in the Character Build Shootout.   Some of the individual round pairings have been edited out, but you can figure most of them out from the membership's comments.

To no one's suprise, it came down to builds between Ponty and Mason.  You can find the results of all the voting here.

• 8 posts
    July 21, 2012 11:36 AM EDT

ok thanks i wasnt aware of this i haven't been active like i was in the past 

• 409 posts
    July 21, 2012 12:17 PM EDT
    Mine has to be snake's demon hunter build I was on google one day looking up a nice witch hunter build to try out when I came across the demon hunter after that I read more builds from this site and and decided to start an account so I joined because of the demon hunter
    • 297 posts
    July 21, 2012 12:30 PM EDT

Mason's Alik'r was my all time favourite as it was very original and still stands up as one of the more fun builds,

• 8 posts
    July 21, 2012 12:51 PM EDT

My fav got to be the Volkihar build by Mason it was really fun and new when it had first came out and has inspire me to play more vamps in my play thoughs then going to become a werewolf

• 773 posts
    July 21, 2012 1:16 PM EDT

I'd be interested to hear if any of the builds that have come along since that poll have matched or even exceeded the top builds.

• 557 posts
    July 21, 2012 1:20 PM EDT
    What's your favorite, Paul?
    • 739 posts
    July 21, 2012 1:26 PM EDT
    The demonhunter by snakes is currently the most popular build on the site, i think it has transformed the way everyone views the archery skill.
    The perk spread is great but i think the overall concept of an 'aggressive archer' is what really makes that build shine.
    No sneaking, no tip-toeing around bushes, get right in their face and put an arrow in their knee!!!
    • 856 posts
    July 22, 2012 4:42 PM EDT

Mason's Alik'r is probably still my favorite.  Mason's and Ponty's builds are always high on my list.  In fact, all of the buids from the Character Shootout are wonderful.  But  ignoring the earlier Character Shootout builds, my choice from the newer builds would be 'The Berserker' by Cryptstalker - it is just simple and fun to play - everything just seems to fall into place.

• 739 posts
    July 22, 2012 4:50 PM EDT

Rune, I'm currently doing a master difficulty/iron man build that you are going to absolutely love I think. I've noticed that you like classic, earthy, role play builds so this should be one you will enjoy.

• 856 posts
    July 22, 2012 4:52 PM EDT

The Orchish Impaler by Skillusionist is a 'front-line' archer and deserves a mention for introducing that concept.

• 856 posts
    July 22, 2012 4:58 PM EDT

Eagerly awaiting - and yes, that is a good description of the type of builds I like.

• 739 posts
    July 22, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

Lol! Cool, I'll PM you with the details now and see what you think!

• July 22, 2012 7:36 PM EDT

Hey Mason, when do you think that build will be out? Because Skyrim has finally become boring, and I don't like it. So unless I take another crack at the alikr, or continue the demon hunter or something, I probably won't play for a while.

• 739 posts
    July 22, 2012 7:48 PM EDT

I should be set to put it up in the next couple of days Matt, its a risky post because like yourself it all came about from becoming bored with the usual over powered, god-fearing builds. I think anyone who liked the alik'r will give it a go.

• 6 posts
    July 22, 2012 8:02 PM EDT

Favorite is the Crypstalker. I was running a variation of it before I got those site and it's definitely my favorite way to play the game. Nothing like killing from a distance, raising the dead, maybe a frenzy spell and letting chaos ensure.

• 1 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:17 AM EDT
    Im currently working on a crusader although demonhunter is next yueeaaarrpp
    • 8 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

same here but my crusader going through vampirism so i know for sure we wont have the same build

• 98 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:53 PM EDT

I gotta go with McYellow