Forums » The Lounge

Ah, the Boneheaded, Dumbskull, Stupid things we do!

• 668 posts
    July 14, 2012 1:20 AM EDT

As several of you know I have been training for many months to run the Run For Your Life zombie 5K run for The American Heart Association. Well sadly, now I can't. I fractured my heel playing tennis and played another 3 matches on it which undoubtedly made it worse. What a stupid decision on my part. So, I would love it if you would be so kind as to makes me feel less banaynays, and tell me some stupid thing you did that you regret. Thanks.

Well, some consolation, at least I know to take the lens caps off a pair of binocs before using them. Ahhh, George Bush, making Americans look stupider one small action at a time. I wonder if he was looking for the little lever that you push to change the picture...

• 162 posts
    July 14, 2012 3:47 AM EDT

When I was just married I wanted to make Spaghetti. I took the needed block minced meat out of the freeze and thrown it in the pan right away. It would thaw during roasting, at least that was what I thought. However it turned into black burned chunk which still was frozen inside. My fresh husband asked me what the hell I was doing . I said "This is how my mother does it always" . He looked at me with a certain look, shook his head and left the kitchen.  (it ended up with some Chinese food from the local Chinese.

• 952 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:03 AM EDT

Chinese, always backup-plan A.

• 952 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:07 AM EDT

The stupidest thing I ever did would be 2 things.

First thing: Having a huge blister on my foot while I was on a camp in Switzerland, I had it since day one and never bothered going to the nurse for it and after 5 days of walking on it it was so big it needed a bandate and burning wound salve on it because it was that bad, it was almost as big as the left side of my foot.

Second thing: Keeping on drinking after I threw up, it was not a nice morning when I woke up after that, and the rest of the day wasn't good either.

• 557 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:36 AM EDT
    While hunting with my pop up in Canada (we live in Pennsylvania) I shot myself in the foot. It was a completely shit-lucky experience. The gun's clip always had a bullet stuck in the bottom, and could NEVER be pried out, and the fun itself had a problem with the firing pin misfireing when it wasn't loaded. So while we were hunting I held the gun down (as anyone wouldndo to be safe) and the jammed bullet flung itself into the bolt JUST AS THE DAMN FIRING PIN MISFIRED!!! Thus ending in a hole in my foot. But then we had to drive 3 hours through Canada in order to get back into the States where my health care would cover the cost of whatever needed to be done.
    • 377 posts
    July 14, 2012 4:03 PM EDT

When I was 13/14 me and my friends were chilling at a park with some swing-sets. So we were swinging, and then some of my friends started jumping out of the swing for fun. So then it was my turn to try it. I gained some velocity and altitude, and then I jumped out when the swing was near its highest. Dumbest thing ever. Luckily I only ended up with a broken wrist.

• July 14, 2012 4:31 PM EDT

Hmmm, really dumb things I've done...

Once I had a key for a small box I kept things in and I felt like hiding the key, I tried hiding it behind a night light and it slipped down really far and I couldn't get it out from behind it, so I tried jostling/pulling out the night light, the (metal) key slid down and connected with the metal plug from the night light. I think you can imagine what happened next. The key has 2 large round semi circles melted into it and the electricity in that room didn't work. Luckily we where able to fix it by resetting the electricity or something, I don't quite remember. It was awhile ago.

• 144 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:01 PM EDT

Once, when I was about 13 and my brother around 17, We made a zip line that carried us across the creek near our house. The water was very shallow and FULL of rocks ranging from the size of eggs to the size of your head. At this time I had long hair (I don't know why, I thought it looked good.) 

There was only two things to remember when using the zipline. one: if you have long hair, Keep your head away from the Zipline. Two: make sure that the line used to pull the zipline back to you is NOT between your legs.

One day, I was running away from My brother, and in an effort to get away, I used the Zipline. In my haste, I ignored the two rules. In less than five seconds a large chunk of my hair had been wrenched out, and the line went up my legs and... well, hurt my privates. In the grip of these two pains, I accidentally let go of the rope, and fell down into the middle of the creek bed, Splintering my right Tibia.

It was only until later when we reached the hospital that I realized my awesome Swiss army Knife was missing. I had had it since I was very small and it meant a lot to me. It had fell out in the creek and we never found it again.

Moral of the story? My brother is a HUGE dick.

• 144 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:07 PM EDT

By the way, sorry about you missing out on the race, Me and my brother are thinking about competing and that would suck to have a hurt heel. 

• 409 posts
    July 14, 2012 6:19 PM EDT

Yep I didnt like Bush and I'm a Rupublican what does that tell you about Bush?

• 668 posts
    July 14, 2012 7:59 PM EDT

HAHAHA, my dear, darling, Asverze.

If that is how your mother cooks then you must have been a very hungry child. Poor husband. I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt and say that I KNOW that you have since become a world class chef. As smart as you are, I just know you figured it out.

• 668 posts
    July 14, 2012 8:04 PM EDT

Wow, Dieter, I would expect that drinking story from the dragon, but you...I thought you were smarter than that. His story will undoubtedly include a girl, a fridge and him jumping out some window and running from her father...

Ouch, foot injuries too. :( Poor, poor Dieter. Blisters SUCK! I hate them. I think that would be more painful than the broken heel bone. It really doesn't hurt as bad as you would think. I still feel as if I could run the race but was told NO WAY. Sucks!

• 668 posts
    July 14, 2012 8:06 PM EDT

Whoa, Emer!! Why the hell were you hunting with such a jacked up gun?! Sounds like it was an accident waiting to happen anyway. Man! OW!! We are all about the foot injuries on this thread. Oooh, I love Philadelphia by the way, one of my ultra favorite cities!

• 668 posts
    July 14, 2012 8:08 PM EDT

Ugh, lane swings hurt more kids than merry-go-rounds I swear it! There is something about them that just COMPEL you to jump off them at prodigious heights. Why we do these things I will never know. Well, hey, at least you were original, no foot injuries.

• 63 posts
    July 14, 2012 8:48 PM EDT

If you ever shell out $120 to join an indoor soccer league (facility & referee fees) and you go to your first game but accidentally bring your cleats instead of flats to play on a field made out of astro-turf, don't ever say, "Screw this! I didn't shell out $120 to not be able to play in my soccer games! I'm wearing my cleats!"

Words to live by...

• 285 posts
    July 14, 2012 9:23 PM EDT
    Oh, when I was younger, I was climbing a tree. It had rained the day before but I was a dumb@$$ and didn't think about it. I get about 3/4 of the way up and I hit a veeery slippery branch. I went down, so shocked I didn't think to grab the branches I was falling into, and ended with a 12 foot freefall. Luckily I only sprained three toes and an ankle, a severely bruised arch. I was also covered in bruises and cuts.

Moral: don't be a dumb@$$
    • 133 posts
    July 14, 2012 11:28 PM EDT

My zombie brothers on Missoury are glad you'll not be able to run away from them when the zombie apocalypse comes. They're just licking their lips in antecipation of some juicy redhead delicacy. About my stupid decisions I'm sad I can't help you with that. Pretty much all of my decisions on the last 25 years have been stupid, but I don't regret them anymore - I just go ahead to the next one, Ooops.... there it goes!

• July 15, 2012 12:13 AM EDT
    I didn't buy Skyrim the first day it came out (Idiot me)
    • 162 posts
    July 15, 2012 3:00 AM EDT

My cooking has improved indeed but a chef? I don't think so. According to my sons their father makes more delicious food, probably because my food contains too much vegetables (in their opinion).

• 966 posts
    July 15, 2012 12:57 PM EDT

I never threw up from drinking, your argument is invalid :P

• 67 posts
    July 15, 2012 7:38 PM EDT

Once when I was about six or seven years old, me and I my friends found what seemed to be racoon crap. My friend said he would pay me 100 bucks if I ate it. Qithout realizing the consequnces of eating said crap, I ate it and got a stomach virus. I spent about 3 days in the hospital after the ordeal. The funny thing was, my friend's Mom forced him to pay me, so at least something good came out of it (Friggin' Gamecube and Beyond Good and Evil, one of my all time favorite games!). But, truth be told, the crap didn't taste half bad

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 1:57 AM EDT

HAHA! Vegetables are good for you. Shame on your sons for telling you that. Those ungrateful little buggers need grounded, I think.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 1:58 AM EDT

I never said you did, dragon. I just said that your story would involve drinking, a girl and a fridge, so shush!

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 1:59 AM EDT

Oh gods, Julian! My daughter did a similar thing with a penny. It wasn't her shiniest moment either.

• 668 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:05 AM EDT

LOL, Junior, uhhhh, I think the moral of your story is a bit different than how you recall it. Sounds like a completely humiliating experience. Hospitals really love it when we injure ourselves doing things that are completely stupid.

Awww, sorry about your knife too, that sucks.

I got in trouble today and yesterday for playing soccer, football and basketball with Caden. I swear I cannot stay off this heel. I am just not that immobile type person. But yeah, missing out on the race REALLY sucks since we registered WAY back months ago and have been training so hard. I hope you and your brother have fun if you do go. It looks so awesome.