Forums » Elder Scrolls

Do you play in 1st or 3rd person?

• 9 posts
    June 19, 2012 11:50 PM EDT

Forgive me if this topic has already been brought up recently but I searched and couldn't find one.

I'm just curious to see what perspective everyone plays in.  90% of the time I play in 3rd person, because I enjoy looking at my character, and in my opinion, is easier to dodge attacks because you can see more of your surroundings.  I'll usually only switch to 1st person when I'm picking up items that are really small or so close together to each other, or when I'm going for a sneak attack with a bow and zoom in on my target 1st person.  Otherwise I'm in 3rd person.  Oblivion and Morrowind's 3rd person view was terrible, so I always played those in 1st person but I was so happy when they fixed 3rd person for Skyrim.  What are everyone's thoughts?

• 577 posts
    June 20, 2012 12:20 AM EDT

1st person always....Pretty much in any game that I can, I will chose 1st over 3rd 95% of the time. I just feel it's easier to control. Camera angles can get kinda funky in 3rd...especially in closed corriders. I do like the stance's in skyrim 3rd person! It's kinda lame when dual wielding in 1st with two swords just sticking in the air, but not bad enough to change. Idk, I've tried 3rd, but it's just not for me

• 668 posts
    June 20, 2012 12:28 AM EDT

I always play in 3rd person if given the option. Some games make me sick to my stomach with the close-up images in 1st person. Bioshock was one that I just could not play. I would literally feel like I just stepped off of the Tilt-a-Whirl after that game.

• 54 posts
    June 20, 2012 12:37 AM EDT

1st always, although I wish I could reduce the FOV, but alas, not doable on an xbox.

• 63 posts
    June 20, 2012 1:35 AM EDT

I'll third person when I'm running but I'll first person when I'm in combat. It's such a waste to me to not be able to see my own character model.

• 856 posts
    June 20, 2012 1:40 AM EDT

and I always want to increase the FOV....it should be an ingame option, imo.

• 856 posts
    June 20, 2012 1:41 AM EDT

I play in 1st person, with rare exceptions