Forums » Elder Scrolls

WHY did Skyrim get rid of "Unarmed" from Oblivion and Morrowind?

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:30 PM EDT

Trying to come up with a good brawler, but in higher levels, it becomes completely useless! =/

Even with Daedric Gauntlets, it feels like any charector I've made is completely useless without a weapon. =/

What was the point of this, and how does anyone play without weapons? (Such as Khajiit users, how are your claws any use?

• April 27, 2012 5:34 PM EDT

You just use Enchanting and Heavy Armor basically. If you think it is useless you probably are not doing something. Khajiit add 15 damage to H-H and you can get at least 40 damage from using Daedric gauntlets. Then you just slap on an Unarmed Damage enchantment for a good amount and you should be fine.

• 708 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:36 PM EDT
  • Con
    • 41 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

Why don't you disenchant the gloves of the pugilist to get the +10 to unarmed combat and then enchant your gloves with it?

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:40 PM EDT

Biggest problem I'm having, is I can't find any unarmed damage enchantments. 

The main charector I have that is loaded with daedric armor, (enchanted to boost all magics/resist magics) doesn't specialize in heavy armor. 

I never did an armor specialization for it. 

• April 27, 2012 5:43 PM EDT

I was assuming you knew about the Gloves of the Pugilist. Most people look into how to use H-t-H since it's not as simple as it used to be.

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:44 PM EDT

Because up until now, I never had a clue they even existed...

Where do I find them? Do you need a higher level charector to take on whatever has these?

Does Heavy Armor upgrades boost unarmed damage?

• 133 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:46 PM EDT

An unarmed character is perfectly possible, and it doesn't even has to be a khajiit, as their racial unarmed bonus increases only 15 points in damaga. But with fists of steel perk and gauntlet and ring enchanted with unarmed damage you can do up to 70 points in each strike, and you can strike faster than with a weapon. Of course there are limitations but the limits define the best RP builds.

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:50 PM EDT

Definitely looking into it.