Forums » Elder Scrolls

Pete Hines confirms DLC info is coming soon...

• 8 posts
    April 26, 2012 7:04 PM EDT

Earlier today Pete Hines tweeted the following "I am working on getting a little more info out on Skyrim/DLC. Maybe next week? We'll see. Also trying to confirm Kinect release date."

Article:  http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a378641/skyrim-dlc-announcement-coming-next-week.html

Official Pete Hines Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/dcdeacon

• 297 posts
    April 26, 2012 7:09 PM EDT

fuck yeah! i was right about next week i recieved a tip earlier about bethesda releasing something next week here

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/forum/topics/info-on-dlc-on-its-way-later-next-week?xg_source=activity

huzzah!!!!

• 27 posts
    April 26, 2012 10:35 PM EDT

the Kinect stuff is going to be this week they said but i still havent got the update for it......maybe friday......but yea all of the posts online are news posts for soon to come news lol so iv just stoped looking

• 8 posts
    April 27, 2012 12:54 AM EDT

Kinect doesn't affect me, due to my console choice, but in Pete Hines tweet he says that a date still hasn't been confirmed. Maybe you got some false information, or possibly just pure speculation. Then again maybe they did say it would be this week, and it got delayed. I don't really follow the kinect information that comes out. Im just a PS3 user :P

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 1:08 AM EDT

Dumbest thing they've ever done. Making it exclusive to the XBOX version. 

PC and PS3 Players make up more than 76% of their entire client base. Even the PC guys should be getting it before xbox, because PC players make up more than 50% of them, with 26% being Playstation 3. (Facts and figures can be found via bethesda's release publications via the FTC in regards to total items sold, and formats they were sold excluding re-sales such as pre-owned copies)

• 297 posts
    April 27, 2012 4:53 AM EDT

as a person who plays on both ps3 and pc i have too say that bethesda were quite clear at the time of release that xbox would get an early dlc so it's not like its a shock too us,

i agree with your statement somewhat but im not going too get annoyed about something iv known since release

• 57 posts
    April 27, 2012 6:30 AM EDT

YEAHH!!! FINALLY!!!

• 132 posts
    April 27, 2012 8:06 AM EDT

Microsoft pays to have benefits, which XBL users indirectly pay for through paying for XBL itself. So, we pay to get stuff early. "You get what you pay for".

• 577 posts
    April 27, 2012 8:16 AM EDT

I would agree that the dlc should be released on ALL formats at the same time. But I can say my sympathy would be stronger if ALL formats had somewhat of a CreationKit also. You give and you take....

You'll get dlc a month after Xbox. PS3 and Xbox will never get CreationKit...at least not in the forseable future. But that's my choice to play console and I'm fine with that. If anything, I have the most sympathy for PS3 users (they've even had the worst of bugs also!) You give and you take....

Dumbest thing they've ever done? I think the CK can hold you over for another month

(sorry, you've had to expect someone to say something along these lines. I would love to have played Skyrim on PC, but can't afford to update this gas running machine. lol)

• 577 posts
    April 27, 2012 10:40 AM EDT

Idk, thought I would chime in on this. Haven't thought about the Snow Elves......

http://www.ripten.com/2012/04/27/skyrim-dlc-hinted-at-in-latest-game-files-includes-snow-elves-crossbows/

• 132 posts
    April 27, 2012 11:06 AM EDT

This would be way out there if it's true, probably nobody saw this coming. Honestly, I'm buying it no matter what it is. I'm SO bored.

• 27 posts
    April 27, 2012 12:08 PM EDT
    See what Bethesda is doing is making the best of what they can offer and the Kinect worth the exclusive use for the Xbox the PSmove can't muster the same results......its not about the % of people playing one or the other its just what is available. Just think if the Kinect was for the PS3 that's what they would have gone for. ..... END!
    • 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 4:59 PM EDT

The amount of money Bethesda recieves, doubtfully even covers the cost of even hiring a programmer. 

It's called "marketing suicide". Ever took a business class? you don't care for minorities, you focus on the majority. Majority of Bethesda's income all together, comes from PC users. (I'm a PS3 user) if anything, PC Users should be getting it before anyone/everyone else. 

I didn't hear about XBL getting any exclusives at all.

A lot of people are going to get pissed concerning this, and this in and of itself is a form of marketing suicide. 

It's like a candy maker focusing on sales to adults rather than children. (Who have greater influence towards the ones with the wallets to purchase said candies. Or a retaurant focusing on sales for kids menu items vs the adult menu items, which is going to bring in the greater revenue?)

Nintendo made a similiar fumble when they released the Nintendo Wii, it cut them out of 70% of gaming franchises because of product incompatibility. (And is/has largely failed as a gaming console in comparison to the PS3 and the XBOX 360)

Bethesda is making a very, very bad marketing mistake.

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:02 PM EDT

The Creation Kit for PC users is heavily justified, PC Users for Skyrim/Elder Scrolls makes up over 50% of their revenue/sales. 

And the PS3/XBOX are incapable of performing the creationkits functions as far as modularity of the consoles and their controllers go. 

Creationkit for the PC is heavily justifiable.

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:02 PM EDT

The PS Move uses the exact same technology..

Which is the exact same technology the Nintendo Wii uses.

• 60 posts
    April 27, 2012 5:09 PM EDT

They will look good with my war hammer smashing them in, or my sword going through them. That's for sure. ^_^

I'm more excited to see how they fight/the type of armor and weapons they use.