Forums » Elder Scrolls

Implement the chatwing widget in theskyrimblog

• 6 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:25 AM EDT
    • 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:41 AM EDT

Interesting. I think Paul could have a 'chat window' all the time if he applies it, but the consenus says that we don't want that here. There's not a whole lot of 'modding' going on here also (got rid of the Modders Workshop cause there was no activity)

I'll have to read this again. It's basically just a 'chat channel' right? Maybe it's international and not for just SkyrimBlog users/members. Sounds fishy.....

• 6 posts
    April 22, 2012 10:18 AM EDT

Yes I see hear you. But I thought that as skyrimnews on twitter put up the link on their page I thought that it might be okey. 

but I understand if the mod-talk here is pretty dead. 

• 297 posts
    April 22, 2012 10:22 AM EDT

actually ty the consensus is for a daily chat option as seen here: http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/opensocial/ningapps/show?appUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fapps.io%2Fideas%2F%3Fning-app-status%3Dnetwork&owner=02l6868u88m69&view_item=view/8

note that when this idea went up last week it had a -8 score it has gone all the way up too plus figures

i know their are a portion of people against it but also it would appear more for it

i for one would like too see this implemented in some way we shall see what happens down the road if anything

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 11:23 AM EDT

Hmmm....I could see it elsewhere on the site. I believe a '24/7 chat session' on the main page would be extremely distracting. I believe it would take alot away from what we have now in our regular discussions. It seems it would become just a Skyrim Chat-Box. Real quick answers, no time to develope thoughts, just rabble rabble. It would be hard to monitor also. You know how people get, next thing you know their talkin about what kind of catfood their cats like. lol!! It'd get out of control. But if its on a completely different page, away from all other activity, I could see that work.

Titan, meet me in the chat room!!! and so on......lol

• 297 posts
    April 22, 2012 11:29 AM EDT

agreed i see your point on monitoring if it were something that were tucked away it may work better i dunno

i feel if it were done subtly then i could see advantages like shy users who dont post "content" having a voice or when their are only a few members on they could converse naturally i couldnt see it changing the whole way the site operates as people would still be logging in too check out builds or add art etc.

but im just riffing really

• 773 posts
    April 22, 2012 12:53 PM EDT

As people have said, theres no need for a third-party chat widget, we already have an integrated chat feature that can added with the click of a button.

Most people don't really seem to want a permanent chat window, and I'm not really in favour myself.

But I would be willing to consider having it, say, for a weekend as a 'special', or maybe for one day per week? But not all the time.