Forums » General Gaming

Struggling to Stay Evil

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:28 AM EDT

Hey Guys, I recently started a new playthrough with a Argonian Assassin/Thief. I only did the DB & Thieves Guild and tried to stay away from the MQ and any others that had that good guy vibe. Its been one of the best playthroughs Ive had most enjoyable. I was even surprised how quickly I levelled up and the character is at nearly lvl 40. This is were my problem has arisen. I'm really struggling to keep the character on the path of evil just because all the quests and factions left are ultimately good. Any advice about where to go for quests or role playing techniques to keep her bad :)

• 739 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:40 AM EDT

Yeah its a really tricky balence with ES games, they dont really cater much for good or evil characters. Just shades of grey...

I enjoyed playing this guy because i got to role play a good and an evil character during the same playthrough.

Kynareth posted an interesting idea last night; she said that for characters of this nature you could reach a point when you redeem for all your past crimes and slowly become good again. Mite be interesting now that you've finished all the darker factions....

• 342 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:42 AM EDT

do the quests, but in your mind do them for selfish reasons, or if that doesn't work think of them as recons, take down the names of every in the quest and then....go rob their houses....or kill them :)

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:46 AM EDT

That was the only idea I had come up with aswell but I was hoping to rock the vampire abilities with the character but it seems a bit overkill especially if there isn't really any evil quests left.

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:47 AM EDT

Thats a really good idea, use the quests for finding marks that could work :)

• 342 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:51 AM EDT

its a shame you don't have a ps3, you would love the the game i'm talking about this week, Imfamous, its a real game of good or evil. :(

• 377 posts
    April 22, 2012 6:55 AM EDT

Deadric quests. Go through nord ruins to expand your thum'um. Bring the Thieves to it's full power if you haven't already. Keep up with the DB Forever quests.

Rage war on the Thalmor. If you see a patrol of them, kill them and their prisoner. That's what I do. Depending on who's side you've taken on the civil war, go annihilate their camp.

The random events on the road present the best opportunities to be evil. I love it. Just kill them all if you can.

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:19 AM EDT

Yeah ive done all the daedric quests and thieves guild is rocking on full strength. I haven't done the civil war quests. Would you say Stormcloaks are the most evil? I suppose it would make sense as I have done all the daedric quests Im all for the gods.

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:43 AM EDT

Go chow on some people.

Have you gotten your Ebony Blade fill? Got to 'friend' some NPC's then do a little blade dippin to charge it up. And then maybe after you ice them, THEN you can chow on them a little....

Steal some dreams.

Since you have the Daedric artifacts.....put them to use for your malicious maid! Evil prevails!! lol

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:55 AM EDT

She doesn't use two handed weapons lol double daggers and bow. What I was thinking was that she would use her ill gotten gains to but herself forward as a upstanding member of society when in truth thats just a cover to hide her stealy, stabby vampire ways. So she can still do some of the nicer quests but bleed it for all its worth.

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 8:12 AM EDT

True Evil has no boundaries! Grip that blade sissy!!!! lol

• 140 posts
    April 22, 2012 12:03 PM EDT

Take out all the Vigilants of Stendaar, and do everything to be Dagon's agent in Skyrim--death and destruction to all!

Just a thought, as I have no experience being evil!  

• 426 posts
    April 22, 2012 12:06 PM EDT

Cheers Kyn I hadn't thought of the Stendaar peoples. Its not my normal style of play thats why I'm struggling I think.