Forums » General Gaming

Step on it...and don’t spare the horses!

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 9:28 PM EDT

Let’s face it, at some point or another in one or more of the games you’ve played, you’ve needed to get around pretty darn fast because either, a) the place is just so darn huge and your little legs just don’t cut it or b) it makes you look cool.

So I want to know what have been some of your favourite mounts or vehicles from any game, if it gets you from point A to point B I want to hear about it.

• April 7, 2012 10:17 PM EDT

Riding on mounts in 'Mount' & Blade Warband (Pun XD) is very fun. It's also a lot easier. You can use lances and just kinda run people threw as you charge past. I remember when I first played the demo and just started praying on travelling farmers, not knowing what the hell I was doing XD Then of course I racked up so much trouble the Kingdom of Swadia's Knights attacked me as I was patrolling... Obviously I fled the wrath of 50 knights vs. the guy in clothes with a pitchfork (Looted from farmers) and a bunch of food, clothes, and butcher knives and stuff (Also looted from farmers)... Gooood times

Other than that... uhhhhhh.... Can't really think of anything. I remember riding on a horse in Daggerfall. The 'clipp clop' sound is glitched for some reason and is really annoying, keeps skipping and playing the sound really fast...

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:30 PM EDT

I love Ruin from Darksiders, this Horse is built like a boss and also plays a major role in some of the boss fights as you can fight straight from horse back :D:D:D

Red Dead Redemption horses, you know I've probably gone on and on about these horses a bit too much but is it any wonder why? they are the main mode of transport in RDR and need to last to distance, and they have more then lived up to it. (plus they don't attack people and you can call for them to come to you :P)

Link Wolf form, you know I think i spent more time like this then in Link's normal form the entire time i played the game.

Halo Warthog, haha I had so much fun with this vehicle, mostly driving it up steep hills and seeing how far i could roll it

and finally Chocobos a pretty much a staple of transportation in many of the final fantasy games and its no wonder why they are just sooo adorable and they come with their own music :D

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:32 PM EDT

oh yes and they got better with each game I really liked the brotherhood version the best.

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:34 PM EDT

hahaha i can just see you trying to explain that to the guards "honestly i didn't know what i was doing...i thought they were evil farmers!"

• 577 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:39 PM EDT

I liked the horse selection RDR. You could really tell the difference. Can't remember the really fast one. It's the best one you can get. Was she one of the 'wild' ones? well, I think they were all wild, but there was one breed that was baddass.

Like Julian, can't really think....I don't think I have alot of games that have a varity of different travel methods (custom that is. Usually they'll give you something without any choice). Ever since my Oblivion debacle not knowing I could fast travel for many, many hours, I tend to abuse 'fast-travel'(or did abuse it). Although my playthough right now I'm not fast traveling at all. ugh, it's brutal. Need to get a horse but don't want to spend the coin. Waiting to get shadowmere

• April 7, 2012 10:40 PM EDT

Oh, I can think of one.

Silt Striders.

Who doesn't like riding on a huge bug that is directed and controlled by directly influencing exposed organs?

And then of course you got the Silt Striders mod that lets you actually ride on them other than just a loading screen. Despite the fact that the screen stutters and the leg animations look pretty terrible XD

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:44 PM EDT

ah, there were 4 'badass' horses in RDR  the Warhorse was a pre-order special thing basically kicked every other horses ass in terms of armor speed and stamina then there were the 3 in game ones the Hungarian (white horse) the American standard (the pure black one) and the palomino, all of those were pretty fast but i think the black was fastest then palomono had the most stamina and the Hungarian the better bullet resistant :P

the modes of transport don't have to be custom to the game just what ever you liked the best.

• 342 posts
    April 7, 2012 10:46 PM EDT

eew "exposed organs" just sounds wrong :P

yeah i've seen a few mods were they gives mount options that you wouldn't normally get, some of them were pretty cool like the akatosh mount mod.