Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragon Bones and Scales

• 856 posts
    April 5, 2012 8:11 AM EDT

Some of my characters have made dragon armor (both the light and heavy versions); I've even made some for companions.   Other characters don't get that involved in smithing.  Even so, I cannot bring myself to sell them.  I usually end up keeping them in a chest or some other container?

So what do you do with your unused dragon parts?  Do you sell them, display them, put them in a container, or what?

• 98 posts
    April 5, 2012 8:36 AM EDT

On my first playthrough I kept them. I just put them in a container and when I looked to see how many I had the numbers where in the 200s.

• 162 posts
    April 5, 2012 8:47 AM EDT

When I'm near my home I put them in the coffin with crafting materials, else I just sell them off. Don´t want to drag that heavy stuff around, neither do a detour for it.

• 29 posts
    April 5, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

LOL yeaj I have over 80 scales and pieces of skin from them. 

I busted my a** for these and I aint gonna sell them to some random low life merchant unless of course its my wife :D

• April 5, 2012 5:16 PM EDT

On my first (Technically second) playthrough I would just drop in them in my bedroom in Breezhome. Soon the whole room was covered in them...

I usually try to sell them except for smithing characters.

• 577 posts
    April 5, 2012 9:33 PM EDT

Mine are all left back in Breezehome. I just keep them there. I plan on never making dragon armor. Just not into the looks, etc. I keep all my armor light and stealthy. I actually should go back there and sell them all, well at least most of them. I'll save a batch just in case. I stop a long time ago picking them up after the kill. Pain in ass. Dragons bug me now so I don't do the main quest anymore. Keeps them out of the sky.

• 5 posts
    April 5, 2012 9:58 PM EDT

I was disapointed after getting all the smithing skills to make dragonscale armor, and then see that they're no better than my ebony armor I already have.   Plus I don't really like the look of them. 

• 98 posts
    April 5, 2012 10:04 PM EDT
    The dragonscale armor looks pretty good on an argonian with skin color close to the color of the armor.
    • 577 posts
    April 5, 2012 11:21 PM EDT

yeah, plus I have my nightingale up in the 550's. Armor doesn't go above 567......

• 856 posts
    April 6, 2012 8:14 PM EDT

I do like their look on argonians.

• 856 posts
    April 6, 2012 8:15 PM EDT

I cannot bring myself to leave them there.... Even if it means I get over-encumbered and have to slow walk w/ whirlwind sprint, back home.