Forums » Elder Scrolls

Sneak Peek of NEW Kill Cams

• 773 posts
    March 15, 2012 1:47 PM EDT

Patch 1.5 Beta is now on Steam, and with it we have - at last - the kill cams for ranged and magic. Also there are additional kill cams for melee.

Want a sneak peek? 

Go on then, you twisted my arm 

• 426 posts
    March 15, 2012 2:05 PM EDT

Awesooooommmmmeeeeee 

• 238 posts
    March 15, 2012 4:47 PM EDT

none for consoles? :(

• 773 posts
    March 15, 2012 4:59 PM EDT

Yes, they'll be added to consoles. You just need to wait for Sony / Microsoft to put the 1.5 patch through their quality control, but the 1.5 patch will eventually add these for all platforms

• 773 posts
    March 15, 2012 6:03 PM EDT

Here's the change log for the new patch (currently downloading this)

NEW FEATURES

• New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
    • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
    • Shadows on grass available (PC)
    • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
    • Improved visual transition when going underwater
    • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

• General crash fixes and memory optimizations
    • Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
    • In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
    • Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
    • Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
    • Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
    • Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
    • Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
    • Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
    • Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
    • Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
    • In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
    • Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
    • Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
    • In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
    • Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
    • Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
    • Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
    • Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
    • Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
    • Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
    • In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
    • Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
    • Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
    • The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
    • Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
    • In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
    • 708 posts
    March 15, 2012 6:14 PM EDT

"Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value" it's about time! I was kind of dissapointed that I could become a master smith who can forge and temper equipment using Daedric techniques by simply forging a ton of scrap daggers.

• 238 posts
    March 15, 2012 6:16 PM EDT

yes! any idea date wise for consoles no.....just whenever they do it basically

• March 15, 2012 6:20 PM EDT

Hi all, been a while!

One word to sum this up: SUPLEX !!!!! 

• 952 posts
    March 15, 2012 6:28 PM EDT
    Please tell me they've added animations for warhammers. When my Orc decapitates someone by chopping of his head with Volendrung I feel just silly and it really disencourages the use of warhammers.
    • 668 posts
    March 15, 2012 11:38 PM EDT

That looks pretty great! Since I am doing a lot of killing with my new character, I look forward to that. ;)

• 577 posts
    March 16, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

These are cool. Really dig the archer ones. It's awesome seeing the bow flex like that. I didn't really see alot of the ones that are already in the game due to I didn't do much melee. If anything, it's cool to see your character in a different perspective "oh wow, he looks like that when killing!" lol

• 342 posts
    March 16, 2012 6:08 AM EDT

hahahaa that was awesome! i think unarmed gained a few wrestler moves to its usually brutal repertoire (grab them by the shoulder and continually punch their face in :P) 

I'm glad archery got the kill cams too, usually for the long distance arrow fights i'd have the only way i'd know i had hit the guy was that he didn't fire back XD