Forums » Elder Scrolls

Is a 'Shout Only' character possible?

• 773 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:43 PM EDT

Is it possible to survive in Skyrim using only Dragon Shouts?

I assume in the early game the answer has to be 'no' - how would one ever capture a dragon soul without killing a dragon in the first place.

But could you get to a point where you only ever use Shouts? Is there a 'Shout Only' Character Build?

Just curious...

• 179 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:47 PM EDT

Yes :P

• 773 posts
    May 26, 2015 3:08 PM EDT

I must say, the amount of thought and work that went into that build is just phenomenal 

• 179 posts
    May 26, 2015 3:19 PM EDT

Thanks Paul, never thought I'd see the day when the big man himself compliments one of my builds. 

• 40 posts
    May 26, 2015 5:02 PM EDT

It has a lot of flexibility

• 2 posts
    May 26, 2015 11:40 PM EDT

I was going to say no due to the cooldown between shouts, but it looks like there is a way to solve that problem. 

Also, awesome build Albino!!

• 179 posts
    May 26, 2015 11:45 PM EDT

Thanks!

You know, I think it'd be possible without 100% Fortify Shouts, but you'd have to run and hide a lot while waiting for the cooldown to end.

• 207 posts
    May 27, 2015 1:45 AM EDT

Was the first thing i thought of when reading the title.

• 207 posts
    May 27, 2015 1:51 AM EDT

If Morokei would have the right enchantment (or Miraak a more fitting) it would get possible.

Morokei 20%

Amulet of Talos 20%

Blessing of Talos 20%

Dragon Aspect 20%

Total 80%

If you say shouts as only way to attack, you could get restoration and with necromage you would have permanent 75% and once a day 100%

Altough it would get hard to get morokei.

• 189 posts
    May 27, 2015 2:34 AM EDT

I did something pretty similar on the Crimson Scar, in the endgame. Still one of my favorites. 100% Fortify Shouts allows you to absolutely wreck in any scenario, even with no weapons or armor. (In the case of the Scar, Necromage/Vampirism makes it even more entertaining and effective!) Though I like having some gear on hand, and a stock of my favorite potions, just to add a bit more variety and increase the pace a bit.

• 3 posts
    May 27, 2015 4:30 AM EDT

To be a shoutmaster, you'd unlock as many shouts as possible, if you have dragonborn then you'd wear miraak's set which buffs shouts and wear an amulet of talos which reduces shout time by 20% and also a shrine of talos which does the same. Then you'd use dragon aspect which reduces by another 20% meaning your shouts take 60% less time. I'd recommend using fire breath because you can buff it with abilities in the black books and the fire within from parthunaax. Then use whatever weapons or magic.