Forums » Elder Scrolls

Longest Lasting Build

• 1217 posts
    September 19, 2014 12:12 PM EDT

Because most people end up on the Blog thanks to the character builds, I think it's fair to assume that many of the builds have been and are being played. If you're willing to share, I'd like to know a few things:

What's the longest (in terms of levels) that you've played a build by someone else?

Do you still have that character/would you return to them some time?

What about the build(s) got you to play them for so long?

If you haven't played a build by someone else, what has been your highest level character?

No need to mention which builds unless you want to. I'm sure the authors appreciate the publicity ;D. As for me, I haven't yet played any of the other builds here, but I've got a list of about 30 "must-plays", that are just waiting for me to be through with my own playtests. I'm committed to playing those builds at least to their maximum perk spread level. For myself, my highest level character is my first, level 76. He really would have benefited from being a build.

• 78 posts
    September 19, 2014 12:43 PM EDT

For me, reaching a build to level 50 is a damn war . I only ever do it if I am going to post a build and I need to test the guy. My highest level character was my Khajiit Shadow Warrior on my xbox. He was level 57 or something. Yeah, I've never seen those fancy Legendary Dragons of yours, nor the Ebony Warrior :(. I just can't do it. I want to start a new one. I've played many builds from the building group, but all my highest ones are my own creations :).

• 1217 posts
    September 19, 2014 12:46 PM EDT

I definitely know the feeling. With exciting builds on the backburner, it can be hard to concentrate on the one you're playing.

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    September 19, 2014 1:01 PM EDT

To be honest, I've never reached >level 30. Highest was lvl 30, The Fallen Hero by Mason which was my second playthrough... Unfortunately I accidentally deleted it . Now I usually get to lvl 20 before creating a new character.

• September 19, 2014 1:43 PM EDT

Highest was level 2... 

• 92 posts
    September 19, 2014 2:23 PM EDT

1) Mason's Kingslayer - Level 42

2) I still have it and go back to it every now and then. 

3) It's very versatile in that you can play it in a number of ways: heavy-armored assassin; Death Knight conjurer; Archer; Vamp Lord. I love the build's special move of Slow Time x3 + Mehrune's Razor. Also, it's just plain fun to rock the fully-enchanted Daedric armor by level 20 with zero perks in smithing and enchanting. Gotta love that Atronach Forge.

4) My build: canon Nord Dragonborn - Level 58. Still have it saved.

• 78 posts
    September 19, 2014 2:35 PM EDT

Exactly.

• 47 posts
    September 20, 2014 1:43 AM EDT

I tried the Nightingale archer build and got to around level 18 when the build got deleted off the site :( Sadly I did not write down what perks I needed for the build so I had to scrap it which sucks because I loved playing it. :(

• 38 posts
    September 20, 2014 5:32 AM EDT

really? you could have asked the builder (if you remembered him) what they were, or, you could have guessed them and put in perks you felt were right.

• 1217 posts
    September 20, 2014 11:48 AM EDT

Oh, yeah that'd be a major disappointment. I saved links to the skyrimcaluclator.com perk spread of each build I want to play, and if it didn't have one there, I added it myself. Writing them down is even more secure XD

• 2 posts
    September 26, 2014 9:35 PM EDT
    I played the siphoner till the ebony warrior
    • 1217 posts
    September 26, 2014 9:38 PM EDT

Woah, impressive! That's a newer build, too.