Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim Burn-out? Help Me, Please

• 23 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:28 PM EST

You know how it is, I have 204 hours invested in Skyrim and loved every single minute of it.

My Argonian Assassin is almost at level 47 and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do.

Archery is maxed. Sneak is maxed. Smithing is maxed. Lockpicking is maxed.

The main quest is done and the Imperials run Skyrim.

If I could upload a screen of my map, you would not see any gaps between "dungeons".

I hate to think that I will have to retire her at such a "low" level.

Start a new character? Sure, I have tried that but the game doesn't seem surprising to me any more. You know, the problem is that I see a dungeon and I think to myself, "Oh, I remember this one, the secret is this way".

Can someone give me an idea as to how I could rekindle my excitement in this great game for another 100 hours or so?

Anything so I can stop watching other people play live on twitch.tv in a vain attempt at being inspired.

Or am I a lost cause? 

• 140 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:39 PM EST

Andrew, are you opposed to creating another character?  Maybe this one simply has to rest a bit before you do something else.

If you are not opposed to making a new character, I would suggest going over to the Character Build group and read some of the builds there...maybe something there would trigger an idea for a different playstyle or idea for a different character?  There are a ton of amazing builds in that group...I personally pulled out a second passive character and I am trying to complete quests without killing anything.  So that has helped me alot.  Good luck, and keep us posted if you find anything that works for you...I am sure it would help others with the same issue! 

• 856 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:47 PM EST

I don't think 47 is such a low level.  I've retired characters around level 20.  I don't try to do everything with one character, if they achieve their goals, I stop playing them.  If they become head of the thief's guild, I start a new character for the assassin's guild, and so forth.  Otherwise, as you've seen, they become boring to play.

My main reccommendation would be creating a new character.  Play this one completely differently.  Use different skills to acheive your goals.  Instead of snipe shots with a bow, perhaps try sword and shield, or dual blades, or a blasting mage, or a illusionist, etc. Complete different quests, or try a different side of the civil war, etc.  If you're in need of ideas, the character building group have a plethora ( http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building ).  Not only do they say what skills to work with, but how to role-play the character.

If you're on a PC, there's plenty of mods available.   If not, the first of the DLC on all platforms should be available in the near future.  And you may just be 'burned out' on the game, so you may need to shelf the game for a while, and come back to it later on.  Good luck.

• 23 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:57 PM EST

I appreciate the answers, thank you.

And, yes, I am on PC.

I am not averse to starting a new character at all; I have five of them right now. As I said, it's the fact that I'm getting the "Been there, done that" feeling. 

I will take a look at the Character Building section, though. Something may kick my a*** into gear.

• 22 posts
    February 15, 2012 5:04 PM EST

Just try a different style of character. Seems like you a sneaky character so try and do a tank or go with magic build. This will give you a totality new perceptive of the game. So just try and do a different character style it's definitely worth it. ( I have 7 characters btw lol)