Forums » Elder Scrolls

Personality of the Character

• 42 posts
    February 14, 2012 4:40 PM EST

When you play your character, what personality do you add to him. Are you nice to the poor, or do you try nto to pay attention to them. Are you tough or do you withstand bad comments of you. Are you a bandit or are you a person that works for something in the game. Leave a comment below describing the personality of your player.

• 7 posts
    February 15, 2012 12:06 AM EST

Right now my argonian thief/mage hybrid is very evil. He loves killing, nords especially, but will only kill his own kind if they attack him first. Basically the evilest guy I could make, spreading choas across the land of Skyrim, weakening it. Just rember Nords, the argonians inhabit Morrowind now, watch yourselves.

• 7 posts
    February 15, 2012 12:27 AM EST

All the time, mostly just stealing things but once for murder. But then I just go to jail and escape straight away. Escaping jail is one of my favourite things to do actually. So many different ways.

• 2 posts
    February 15, 2012 2:37 AM EST

I try to keep my guy fairly good, but i am a dark elf and this guy in one city says bad things about dark elfs. there is a cult on one of the mountains cant remember where or what its called, but u have to lead somebody up there i think for a sacrifice i think he is a good canidate.

• 27 posts
    February 15, 2012 3:34 AM EST
    Well I play almost mainly as the Dark Elf but my main dude im role playing him as a Dark Elf General turned freelance bounty hunter stern and proud but willing to help the ones who are nice or asking for help but quick to pull a blade and lob off the heads to the ones that say the wrong thing..... I also have a Dark Elf necromancer who will kill anyone in the trail of gaining more power......i also kill any and every Argonions I see for the fact that they now live in Morrowind WHA HA HA HA I WILL RISE AND TAKE BACK THE ONCE BEAUTIFUL LAND OF THE DUNMER WE WILL REBUILD!
    • 3 posts
    February 15, 2012 10:33 AM EST

Right now my character is on the good side. Nord barbarian looking to lend a helping hand whenever he can. He will however mow down any Stormcloaks he come across as he feels their cause is foolish, selfish, and can potentially ruin Skyrim in the long run. He also has a vendetta against the Thalmor and will kill any on site.

On the flip side, my character has a secret obsession with Daedra, and is ready and do whatever it takes to keep his princes happy... even if it means harming innocents.

• 15 posts
    February 15, 2012 5:04 PM EST

My Khajiit Assassin kills for money. Be it in the Dark Brotherhood or Bounty Hunting. He is a quiet character and prefers to keep himself to himself. Other people tend to give me a wide berth and he is grateful. He takes no prisoners and shows no mercy. Basically, you wouldn't to be his target.

• 98 posts
    March 23, 2012 2:17 PM EDT

My Orc warrior is exatly the way he sounds, a strong proud warrior who will never attack an unarmed opponent unless he himself is unarmed. He often helps others especially if it will prove a challenge and always protects the weak.

On the other hand my Dark elf Necromancer is the very aspect of evil and is a devout worshiper of the daedra he will kill any that stand in his way and has no emotions therefore he is without compassion. his one goal is to become immortal through draining the life of others.

My Khajiit mage is passive most of the time but will rise up and stand up for what is right he believes the war is going to plunge Skyrim into chaos and that it will bring only misfortune therefore he tries his best to keep the peace. he also despises the Thalmor because he thinks that they are misusing magic and are trying to enslave all other races.

• March 23, 2012 4:19 PM EDT

Well, it really depends on the character.

My Argonian Assassin Cisiss has poisoned many people for calling him a Lizard. As well as other rude idiots.

My Khajiit Rah'Zhaol is a kind but stern protecter of people. Sort of like a 25% Servant of Stendarr.

My Alik'r Warrior Alfoan Urius is a fierce protestant against the Aldmeri Dominion, but also will enjoy killing all of Kematu's band for revenge for exiling him for getting caught sneaking in the city and then will kill Saadia for assisting the Aldmeri Dominion.

Those are my main characters right now. I'm thinking of starting either a heavily roleplayed Servant of Stendarr or Stuck up Nord Noble...

• Tim
    • 12 posts
    March 25, 2012 4:10 PM EDT

my nord is a money grabber and will do anything to get it. he prefers axes like wuuthrad and only steal if he really need to, stealing stuff like potions and cheese wheels

• 1 posts
    April 7, 2012 8:22 PM EDT

wish more people would comment on this thread... As for me it all depends on what game,time, ect... But i have found myself playing this different than the last Bethesda game i played,,,

• 144 posts
    April 8, 2012 1:33 AM EDT

My character is an orc that has been spurned his whole life. his parents died when he was ten and he had to fend for himself ever since. because he was an orc, and very poor, no one would help him. since then, life has been very hard, however, because he was forced to, he became extremely tough. his outlook on the world is that you must do things for yourself, and only for yourself. he has no qualms about stealing or murdering if the situation calls for it. he will help people, but only if there is something to be gotten from it, if there isn't he easily walks away without any feelings of remorse. each and every day he pushes himself to become even greater than the day before and now that he has finally survived his dark childhood, he can finally face the horizon and go forth with a grim smirk on his jaw.

• 426 posts
    April 8, 2012 8:57 AM EDT

Yeah I'm rocking an evil thief/assassin/Daedric hunter. She couldn't give two shits about anyone as long as shes making coin and collecting powerful and shiney weapons she's happy. If someone says a passing derogatory comment i.e guards and the like then she will make sure she double backs and cuts their tongues from their mouths lol I got the master criminal achievement with her so the whole of Skyrim hated her at one point. Getting close to vampire time aswell, lvl 40 I reckon. 

• 82 posts
    April 9, 2012 9:41 AM EDT

I've made characters with varying motivations and personalities. 

Right now I'm playing 2 characters on the oppisite side of the coin.

Bothos - My Breton Paladin, sworn to fight injustice and evil.  Never steals, always protects the innocent.  A true protector.  Will help the Empire, has joined the companions, and will seek study at the mage college soon.

Rhaego - My Redguard Theif and Assassin.  Has no love of mages or magic.  Likes poisons.  Will steal and kill if people get in his way.  He's got a Barbaric honor code, but a ruthless one. 

I wonder what our characters personalities say about ourselves?

• 18 posts
    April 9, 2012 10:56 AM EDT

My character is quite complex. I started out good doing all good for the people but then I felt it wasn't really rewarding so my character started steeling a few things and murdering the ocasional loner in the woods and then it turned into seeing how hi I could make my bounty in each hold. Ive made a full set of deadric armour for me and my follower and im equipped with 2 deadric swords enchanted with magic and a deadric bow for long distance attacks. Its been a fun ride I can tell you 

• 4 posts
    May 22, 2012 9:57 AM EDT

Despite the fact my Nord Albus IS a member of the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood (just because I tend to go all out when I play), he is very kind to everyone and will help any who ask for it. He is brave, strong in both magic and combat (not so much at stealth), is a skilled speaker, and has a sense of humor. He's also very caring to his friends. I also consider my character to be young and a little naive. He is accepting of all races, supports the empire over the stormcloaks, but at the same time despises the thalmor for how they treat his people.

• 5 posts
    October 30, 2012 10:43 AM EDT

My Imperial warrior/paladin was a proud member of the empire, and a proud member of the Imperial Legion. That was, until he started seeing how his vaunted empire was becoming a lapdog of the Aldmeri Dominion, and the Thalmor. He didn't care who worshipped what, that was up to the individual, and he believed that a belief that was not hurting anyone was not to be touched by politics.

But the empire should be allowed to govern itself, not cater to the whim or will of egotistical, elitist, jack-booted, jack-nosed elves who were the east ends of west-bound mules. When he spoke out as such, he was ordered to retract that statement, and publicly apologize. He refused. The Thalmor had his family executed, using fellow imperial officers. In anger, he spoke out again, adding that the empire turn it's back on the people, on their history, on their hero, Talos, and have become just another conquered people, under the Aldmeri Dominion.

Again, the Thalmor had all possessions of his, including his house, destroyed. Again, utilizing imperial officers to do it. His final words to the empire before he was ejected from Cyrodiil, he said "as long as the empire bow down to the dominion, I will fight anyone who sides with them, even the empire itself". With that, he was "handed over" to the imperials that captured Ulfric and the Stormcloaks.

I LOVE creating backgrounds .

• 44 posts
    October 30, 2012 12:33 PM EDT
    my current character lilith is an anti-hero of some sort,she's not quite evil and she's not quite good either,she takes delight in revenge and the slow death of her enemies,...she also shot an arrow into the ass of Nazeem in whiterun for his snobbish attitude and remarks.
    • 6 posts
    October 30, 2012 12:54 PM EDT
    I like to imagine my characters are morally conflicted because of a past tragedy. So even when i join the db or thieves guild i dont feel as bad when i commit their missions.
  • October 30, 2012 3:02 PM EDT

A John Rose discussion XD