Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Magics

• 12 posts
    July 3, 2014 2:41 AM EDT

What is your favorite magic school? Favorite Spells? What magic school do you guys find most fun and what school do you find yourselves using the most?

For me my favorite and most fun magic school would have to be Illusion, I love sneaking into a bandit camp and casting mayhem to see them all at each others throats! Although I seem to use conjuration the most, that and alteration. They seem like the most universally useful magic schools. 

• 92 posts
    July 3, 2014 8:39 AM EDT

Conjuration is easily the most versatile school. However, in RL, I'd take Illusion. Yeah, I'd have a great time with that!

• 490 posts
    July 3, 2014 10:21 AM EDT

Alteration has always been my favorite and Conjuration is right up there too.

• 1217 posts
    July 3, 2014 10:31 AM EDT

I'm a straightforward type, I like Destruction the most. The expert/master level spells are a lot of fun, as are the runes.

• 88 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:26 AM EDT
    My favourite school of magic is conjuration (how original), but my favourite spell has to be paralysis.
    • 1441 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:43 AM EDT
    The lightning side of the Destruction School. Whenever I cast the Lightning Storm spell, am I the only one shouting, "Kamehameha!"
    • 152 posts
    July 3, 2014 11:52 AM EDT

My favorite is conjuration, hands down. I can't help but use it with every character! Alteration is in a close second for favorite school, but I don't use it much in Skyrim D:

For RL, I wouldn't mind just having conjuration, but having destruction and alteration in addition for a great trifecta of magic would be great! :D

• 585 posts
    July 3, 2014 12:35 PM EDT
    Restoration is without a doubt my favourite school. Healing yourself is awesome and the perks (heals stamina, faster Magicka regen) makes it useful on pretty much all characters.
    My second favourite school has to be alteration, being able to paralyse and use telekinetic powers is just to cool, but to me this school feels limited, I find the main attraction with this school is the limitless capabilities that aren't in the game. Flying etc.
    IRl, I would have alteration for the limit capabilities listed above.
  • Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 3:29 PM EDT

Favorite school:  Destruction

Favorite spells:  Fire Storm, Lightning Storm, Frost Storm *cough* I meant Blizzard

School I can't go without:  Enchanting. 
    Enchanting is always "on" and doesn't require consumables.  I admit it would probably be really irritating if I couldn't remove the old enchants when I want to bolster them, but that's what mods are for. 

Comments on other schools:

Conjuration:  I keep trying to like it.  So many people love this one.  But I am sorry, I love the awesome variety of melee kill cams, and summoning minions to kill things takes that away from me.  Also, after fire atronach they are all a bit ugly.

Restoration:  Nice, but feels lack luster.  Needs some anti-demon spells added (not just anti-undead)

Alteration:  Normally I don't care for this, but recently found out that with max Alteration & SPERG mod, it frees me from being stuck with an armor type.  I can use whatever, however, whenever, and have the same mitigation (80%).  That is just plain awesome as it reduces me from wanting to reroll to wear some awesome new armor type that I didn't spec for.

Illusion:  Either really frustrating (enemy resists...etc) or way overpowered.  Nice synergy with sneaky types, but don't bring a companion or they run in and aggro anyways.  Gah!  I also avoid invisibility like the plague.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 3, 2014 5:36 PM EDT

Well ... I ...  I got nothing man.  I have no excuse. 

• July 3, 2014 5:56 PM EDT

Conjuration and a little peice of destruction.mostly because of the creativity