Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim vs. Elder Scrolls VI World Size

• 15 posts
    April 25, 2014 12:16 PM EDT

So i was wondering guys, what is your opinion on the Skyrim world size.

• Is it big enough for you?
    • What do you expect of the Elder Scrolls VI in terms of world size?
    • What impact on the player's experience do you think the game will have if the world was bigger?

I myself find it adequate. As most if not all of us replay the game in different roles more than often, in my opinion a much bigger world will result in many unrevealed locations, thus not seeing most of the world. Skyrim's world is huge enough for me as i still reveal new locations after hundreds of hours playing, let alone the DLC's which i never completed.

As for Elder Scrolls VI i hope the game world doesn't go insanely huge, however i expect better major and minor cities and villages, rural housing, more and interesting NPC's, in one word a much more "live" and less generic game world.

• 285 posts
    April 25, 2014 4:47 PM EDT
    I must disagree with you here, I hope for a huge world and Skyrim feels a little.... cramped. It's filled with locations and there is so little space for them. I want a world that actually forces you to explore rather than hop from location to location. I would love to see more huge caverns a little smaller than Blackreach and areas the Forgotten Vale from Dawnguard.
    • 15 posts
    April 25, 2014 10:45 PM EDT

The thing is, i think Skyrim's world seems fine in terms of breadth. And yes its filled with locations, but there is so little immersion to it. I definitely agree about the caverns, they seem quite generic. I definitely wouldn't mind a larger world, but as i said, imagine a world twice the size of Skyrim, wouldn't it be a pain starting over a new archetype? ( I usually waste an hour doing the Dragon Rising quest from the start ).