Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do Argonians eat?

• 5 posts
    April 18, 2014 3:12 PM EDT

Im RPing as an Argonian and I was wondering what foods would I eat? Also where should I live in Skyrim as an Argonian?

• 1217 posts
    April 18, 2014 3:16 PM EDT

Argonian's probably eat a lot of fish and other meat, roots and other food that grows wild. Bread and cultivated food probably less so. Do you have hearthfire? You can build a home in Hjaalmarch, the marshiest hold in Skyrim, or Lakeview Manor near Falkreath. Honeyside in Riften is in the Vanilla game, and might suit an Argonian well.

• 5 posts
    April 18, 2014 3:20 PM EDT

Thanks this helped alot. I do have hearthfire so ill probably live in Hjaalmarch. What are the names of the roots I can eat? And should I drink Argonian bloodwine with my meals? Thanks.

• 1217 posts
    April 18, 2014 3:28 PM EDT

Only Rock Warbler Eggs, Blue Mountain Flowers and Butterfly Wings(regular ones) have restore health as their first effect. So if you want to use food for healing, these are your top choices. Blisterwort and Blue Dartwing have it as their second effect, so fairly easy to discover. If you build the Hjaalmarch house, you can have a fish hatchery which will cause the Dartwing to spawn.

Argonian bloodwine probably isn't Argonian in make. One of it's effects is underwater breathing, which they can already do. I'd drink the mildest thing you can find, unless the character is alcoholic. We don't have anything to suggest that Argonian's drink for fun. We know they drink Hist sap when they are young, and that's about it.

• 5 posts
    April 18, 2014 3:37 PM EDT

Thanks youve helped alot now I can start my RPĀ 

• 622 posts
    April 18, 2014 7:24 PM EDT

I see my Argonians as eating a lot of natural foods - Raw meat, roots, berries and stuff like that

• 163 posts
    April 18, 2014 8:17 PM EDT
    Well I base my argonians diet on the lizards we have at my end, so they eat meat (living or otherwise) leaves and eggs
    • 61 posts
    April 19, 2014 8:31 AM EDT

I've seen an Argonian man eating bread in game. Maybe they like to eat bread, or maybe he was just eating it because he had nothing much to eat otherwise.

• 41 posts
    April 19, 2014 9:19 AM EDT
    He was most likely eating it because of game mechanics.
    • 61 posts
    April 19, 2014 10:03 AM EDT

But if Argonians didn't like it or were allergic or something, they wouldn't give this idle animation to them. My point is, he ate it and didn't seem to take it in a different way because of his race.

• 163 posts
    April 19, 2014 10:13 AM EDT
    Invalid point, idle animations are cross-racial no matter what. I highly doubt the crew at Bethseda would specifically make an Argonian one
    • 61 posts
    April 19, 2014 2:17 PM EDT

They would if the whole race had some problem with bread. But they didn't because the race has no problem with bread. By problem I mean digestive problem by the way.

• 6 posts
    April 19, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

Fish and aquatic plants.

• 622 posts
    April 19, 2014 3:51 PM EDT
    Invalid point. Every animation is shared by every race.
    • 163 posts
    April 19, 2014 5:04 PM EDT
    Thank the Nine someone gets it.