Forums » Elder Scrolls

Telvanni Robes and boots/shoes

• 16 posts
    March 30, 2014 10:47 PM EDT

Hey everyone, how's it going?  :)  It's been awhile since I last posted on this site, and I've been wanting to do some fresh playthroughs of Oblivion and Skyrim, both on 360, while I wait for the PS4 release of ESO.  Anyways, I plan on making my characters Dunmer - preferrably mages/necromancers of House Telvanni - but I remember from my previous experiences that the Telvanni Robes have an issue...boots and shoes are not easy to choose for them.  :P  Last I checked, Dunmer Shoes clip with the robes, a number of the vanilla game shoes and boots in Skyrim clip badly with them, and there's even an issue with the Temple Boots from a certain arrogant Temple Priest no one would miss otherwise, even though they're a perfect match.  They make part of your ankles disappear!  :O  I've been thinking of making them Sorcerers as well, or at least have Sorcerer traits/use Bound Armor, but I must ask - does anyone know of any fitting boots or shoes that don't clip or glitch out with the Telvanni Robes, something that would fit a necromancy-practicing member of the Great House who would have a suit of Daedric Armor as bound armor for more serious battles?

• 16 posts
    March 31, 2014 4:36 AM EDT

Anyone?

• 189 posts
    March 31, 2014 5:05 AM EDT

I think I used the Redguard Boots when I ran the Montalion (even though the build writeup calls for Dunmer Shoes). Don't recall clipping on them, but it's been a while and I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. Should be easy enough to check in any case; just hop on over to Radiant Raiment in Solitude. They should have a pair for sale, probably just a couple of coins too.

• 16 posts
    March 31, 2014 2:52 PM EDT

Right, Radiant Raiment has quite a few things that are really cheap, even beggar rags on sale for barely any coin.  I might have to check out those boots when I do my new Skyrim playthrough - see how they look on the Telvanni Robes.  Thanks for the input :)

• 16 posts
    March 31, 2014 3:53 PM EDT

Any other suggestions?