Forums » General Gaming

Diablo 3 Beta

• February 4, 2012 7:22 PM EST

Tygravius somewhat-recently put up a discussion about Kingdoms of Amalur, but I thought I'd make one about Diablo 3. Did you get in the Beta? I did and it's pretty awesome so far, never played the first one and I never really got into the 2nd one though I did play it a bit.

What do you think?

• 577 posts
    February 4, 2012 7:32 PM EST

I'm on console. Pretty sure it won't be available for consolesI'll look into it. I'm always into games no matter the platform.

• 23 posts
    February 4, 2012 7:44 PM EST

Diablo 3 will be on consoles, just not this year.

Clinky McLinky

Still waiting for my Beta invite............. 

• Con
    • 41 posts
    February 29, 2012 4:44 PM EST

I played Diablo 2 for a long time then gave it up because the it is dated and Diablo 3 appeared to be a fantasy. Now you tell me it is delayed again! That is a disaster for Blizzard and Diablo. They should have just bought the gaming engine from another company and coded up the gaming and story details, just to get something that maintained the interest of those that played diablo 2.

• February 29, 2012 5:05 PM EST

Why? Why is it a bad thing that they are the exact opposite of Ubisoft that has become the rising pinacle of rehash. They make amazing games but they delay them so that they are extremely polished and perfect. That isn't a bad thing. It's a very, very good thing. Even if it does cause the easily hyped gamer some agony.

• 4 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:53 PM EST

Not my idea of fun, too much (mouse) button mashing for me.  Will stick to Skyrim.

• February 29, 2012 11:51 PM EST

Ya know, I didn't get into Diablo 2 that much either to be honest.

But I really liked the Diablo 3 Beta, despite it's looooow replayability...

• March 1, 2012 12:47 AM EST

Also, its not like there aren't other companies that are successful and rich.

Activision (or whoever does the CODs) makes tons of money but like Ubisoft they went down the crappy rehash every year or so route.

Bethesda could do the Blizzard routine, look at how much money they must have just made after Skyrim. I wonder if Zenimax (Parent company, isn't it?) is holding them back/trying to get them to push out games faster so they get more money. I don't get why some companies/people want more money after you got millions... I would live a long and happy life comfortably a few million. But when your talkin hundreds of millions it just seems kinda greedy.

• 739 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:07 AM EST

This is some really good news Andrew, thanks for sharing that link!

I played the ass off Diablo 1 & 2! Both games are very addictive and in Diablo 2's case the skill trees meant you could never be a master of everything (same set-up as Skyrim) making them very replayable.

I dont mind the wait to be honest, like julain said the finished result should be worth it, looking forward to seeing what they have changed.

• 23 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:26 AM EST

Did you ever play the original Diablo on the Playstation? Horrible controls, but the game was just so damn playable.

• 23 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:31 AM EST

Do you mean Activision/Blizzard the company?

What surprises me is that they are "re-iterating" certain gameplay ideas so that they don't overload their servers......

Can't they just create the server space they need? 

• 739 posts
    March 1, 2012 5:36 AM EST

I always had that on pc but i recently played the ps port on my phone and it was terrible! Nearly lost an eye ball trying to make out the pixels! He! Used to love grinding at that game, hunting down multiple spellbooks till your level 20 firebolt could take out the butcher! Man that guy scared the wotsits out of me!

"Fresh meat!"

• March 1, 2012 11:31 AM EST

WTF!

Blizzard teamed up with Activision!

This is blasphemy!