Forums » Elder Scrolls

Stormcloaks vs. Empire (Pros and cons)

• 12 posts
    February 14, 2014 1:27 AM EST

So Im trying to decide who to join, and I'm leaning toward the Empire, but what are all your thoughts? Or can someone link me to another discussion on this?(there's bound to be one)

• 194 posts
    February 14, 2014 1:56 AM EST

There's bound to be a hundred.

IMO: do whatever one you feel like. So do the empire.

• 158 posts
    February 14, 2014 2:54 AM EST

Honestly, almost every few weeks is a stormcloak empire discussion. A week or 2 ago was abnormally focused on it, with 3 or 4 large discussions  based on it.

One of the blogs biggest discussions about it: Which side do you think is right?

then again here

and here

Seriously, if you go into the forums and sort them by "most popular", a discussion about Stormcloaks vs Empire is on almost every page.

Hope this in some way helps 

• February 14, 2014 9:50 AM EST

Stormcloaks. They actually care. 

• February 14, 2014 9:59 AM EST

I might support the Empire if they had actual backbone and cared less about the coins in their pockets. 

• February 14, 2014 10:03 AM EST

Yes

• February 14, 2014 11:38 AM EST

Screw your racism!

• February 14, 2014 11:56 AM EST

Racist towards me. 

• February 14, 2014 11:57 AM EST

I have played and re-played this game countless times. The first time I played it I was an Imperial Dark Elf. I think that the Stormcloaks are racist and besides, once you kill Ulfric, the new Jarl (his name escapes me) who gives a shit about the Dunmer, Argonians and Khajit. (Also in the lore, the empire is a shell, it is really just Cyrodiil, High Rock, Skyrim and a bit of Morrowind. You help destroy the empire by being a Stormcloak)

I am a Stormcloak in my current playthrough, and unless you are a Nord, it seems a bit immersion/lore breaking. Anyway, it depends on whether you think the empire are spineless puppets to the Aldmeri overlords or the only thing keeping the peace.

• 661 posts
    February 14, 2014 12:04 PM EST
    Im flaggin your racist card. Its been used too many times.
  • February 14, 2014 12:06 PM EST

Youre being xenophobic, troll.

• 12 posts
    February 14, 2014 1:26 PM EST

Yea, I have to say I think that there both a bit politically in the wrong. Pretty similar to todays standards. :P

• 61 posts
    February 14, 2014 1:50 PM EST

I really think  they're both as bad as each other. I'm a pacifist, and to me both arguaments for this war look completely stupid. But it is a fun questline, I usually jsut go with whatever feels right to my character.

• 12 posts
    February 14, 2014 8:12 PM EST

Maybe this can help narrow down the choice, I'm a vampire lord, I'm Archmage, and I'm part of the brotherhood. Or maybe that will just make things more convoluted? Either way, those are my current factions, and I'm pretty much neutral karma. 

• 661 posts
    February 14, 2014 8:15 PM EST
    So you cant decide? How about you Rp being the third army and just slaughter everyone on the battlefield as a VL?
    • 12 posts
    February 14, 2014 9:56 PM EST

did that last play-through, I enjoyed that but it only goes so far before you get bored of it and look for something more solid, by this I mean the side campaignsa associated with the Stormcloaks and Empire

• 12 posts
    February 14, 2014 10:25 PM EST

That's a great point, I was leaning towards the Stormcloaks until (SPOILER)

I found the journal stating that the High Elves were supporting the Stormcloaks to cause disruption, etc. so that they could maintain a firmer grip on Skyrim. Idk, a major game changer for me.

• 5 posts
    February 14, 2014 11:25 PM EST

I've always been a bit of a Stormcloak guy myself because of the whole freedom of religion thing, but upon recently reading about Titus Mede II's Heroic actions in the Battle of the Red Ring, I feel as though the Empire, with Skyrim as an included province, should stand a chance against the Aldermeri Dominion, even if they couldn't win the first time. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 15, 2014 2:00 AM EST

It really depends on the character.

From what you described, easily Empire. The new jarl for Winterhold is far more pro-magic than the old, and that is often a deciding factor for me (I play mostly mages). Look out for your own interests, am I right?

You can still be anti-Imperial by assassinating the Emperor with the Dark Brotherhood.