Forums » Elder Scrolls

Thalmor lover?

• 41 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:02 PM EST

Hello everyone I want to tell you a secret... I AM A THALMOR LOVER! I really am, I think worshipping a human is wrong and I always pick up a set of sweet unhooded thalmor robes. What's your opinion? are you a talos worshipper and you need to be executed or are you someone with real talent like a imperial or thalmor. 

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:11 PM EST

That depends on the character I play. My current character is an Altmer, but he could care less about politics or the Thalmor and the Aldmeri Dominion. He doesn't care for the Aedra, and he doesn't care that people worship Talos. In fact, he actually believes that the story of Tiber Septim's ascent to godhood is true, and inspires to do the same thing himself. He wants to become a god as Talos did.

He has been known to serve a Daedra or two, but only as a means to power. Power is all he really cares about, and he will not stop until he has as much or more power than a god. 

• 93 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:15 PM EST

As Saryn said, it depends on the character. I usually don't deal too much with the Thalmor in-game, though, except my Altmer, who, while supporting the Aldmeri Dominion, does not approve of their methods and is actually quite fond of Nordic culture and tradition. He does not believe in Talos's godship, but finds it an interesting piece of mythos.

As for myself? I do not LIKE the Thalmor, but I think they are very interesting.

• 41 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:15 PM EST

Hahaha sounds like he will fit right in with the thalmor if he wanted to join

• February 2, 2014 11:16 PM EST

The elves worship an elf... So... They're hypocrites.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:16 PM EST

Except he believes that Talos really is a god, and the Thalmor would probably want to kill him over that fact. 

• 41 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:17 PM EST

Hmmm I bet a axe will find your neck very soothing but for now you shall live....

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:17 PM EST

To what elf are you referring, Shor?

• 93 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:22 PM EST

I'll be hiding somewhere far far away if anyone needs me...

• 41 posts
    February 2, 2014 11:23 PM EST

True

• 12 posts
    March 14, 2014 10:41 PM EDT

The difference is that Phynaster was not a oathbreaking, WMD using, ethocentric mass murderering butcher that's a shoe-in for lorkhan that's not only made a god but made to be "LAWD OF DA DEVINES" 

• 5 posts
    March 19, 2014 1:39 AM EDT

I kinda get where the Thalmor are coming from as far as the whole Talos thing is concerned -- back before his ascension as a Divine, Tiber Septim ran roughshod all over the Second Aldmeri Dominion, and a lot of elves are still pissed about that. To acknowledge Talos' ascension as one of the Divines would be seen as probably the ultimate insult to the elves, hence why many elves -- Altmer, Bosmer and Dunmer -- want nothing to do with the guy. There's a lot of "take back our home" revanchism involved in what the Thalmor are doing, which I can see a lot of otherwise well-meaning elves getting behind. Unfortunately, trying to force these beliefs down the throats of the rest of Tamriel has made them hated among the Empire, and very rightly so.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    March 19, 2014 1:47 AM EDT

An interesting faction, but my characters are too independent. My only Altmer character is a political exile for dissenting with the fascist movement in his homeland and fleeing to the province in open opposition to them.