Forums » Elder Scrolls

Evil Followers

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:36 PM EST

I am currently working on a build, and the character is a really, really evil guy. I want him to have a follower, but it doesn't make sense that Lydia, Faendal, and other "good" followers would hang around with this type of evil bastard.

So, besides the obvious, Eola and Cicero and the Dark Brotherhood Initiate ("Debbie"), which other followers do you think would be/could be evil?

I really wan't a 2H warrior that I can deck out with full Daedric Armor eventually, but I can't bring myself to put Vilkas, my favorite 2H follower, in Daedric armor. 

Any suggestions?

• 47 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:47 PM EST

I don't think there is a two handed evil follower, you could make up a backstory for some housecarls or mercenaries as they all have 0 morality and kill for money. Jennesa is another that comes across as evil just from speaking to her as she enjoys murder and killing.

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:48 PM EST

While not evil per se, Marcurio and Jenassa are brutally sarcastic and sadistic. In a way that if you didn't know their backstory you'd think they were evil align.

• 194 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:49 PM EST

You can try Teldryn Sero for the looks, although he's a light armor/one-handed type. Other hirelings/mercenaries are a good idea because they're "killing for money". Stenvar in Windhelm is your best bet. An Orc is always good as well. Ogol from Largashbur could suit you well.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:52 PM EST

I also was thinking about just having Serana as my follower most of the time.

I also suppose that you can turn any follower "evil" through the "The Gift" quest. I could make Mjoll the Lioness evil.  Mwahahahahahahaha!

• 185 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:53 PM EST
    "Blade and shadow, silence and death.
    These are my arts, and for a modest fee, ill
    make great art for you."
    • 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:53 PM EST

Another question, that I could make as a separate discussion, but it works fine here too. 

What do you guys think is a good evil-looking light armor set? Heavy armor has Daedric and Ebony, but most of the light sets don't look all that evil in my opinion.

• 47 posts
    February 2, 2014 2:58 PM EST

nightingale, vampire armor, dark brotherhood, chaurus armor, morag tong armor

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:02 PM EST

IMHO, the only way to make things evil is by mixing the armor choices up. Just Daedric or Ebony armor by itself doesn't make you look fearsome, it makes you look very gaudy. If you incorporate pieces of armor you can make a set that looks rather evil and fearsome.

A very good example of this is seen in Raidriar's Skaal Crusader, he used the Carved Nordic Armor as a template then replaced the Carved Nordic Helmet with Dawnguard's Heavy Helmet to give birth to:

Or my very own Ruinlord, where I used Orcish Armor as a template then replaced the Helmet, and Gauntlets to make this:

• 93 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:11 PM EST

That armor is crazy beautiful together. Wow!

• 8 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:21 PM EST

That looks soo cool!

• 194 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:50 PM EST

Maybe try some Masque of Clavicus Vile. Falmer Armor seems to be the tops for looking evil. Of course that's heavy, but light armor tends to not look so evil. You could actually make an argument for Stormcloak Officer Armor for evil looks, with the spikes and crazy bear head.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:12 PM EST

I hadn't thought of the Falmer  Hardened armor. Thanks for pointing that out. I might actually use it for the player character if its AR is good enough. Might still have to go up to Ebony or Daedric for the endgame, though.

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:13 PM EST

IIRC Harden Falmer Armor grants the same DR bonus as Ebony so you shouldn't have to fret about that.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:15 PM EST

Sweet. Awesome. Maybe I'll try Falmer Hardened, but I am going to stick with a hood rather than a helmet.

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:19 PM EST

It's not hardened falmer, it's heavy falmer that's ebony stats. A stupid distinction, but whatever. 

• 79 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:24 PM EST

Eh, there basically one and the same (lookwise) so just treat them as an upgraded version..

• 8 posts
    February 2, 2014 4:41 PM EST

I have exactly the same issue.  My plan is to try and find followers from amongst the outcasts of Skyrim rather than from the main NPC groups.  It doesn't seem appropriate that a truly evil aligned character would be sucking up to the Jarl's and mixing it with the civilised population to  find their support.

So, he will be operating outside the law working with the outlaws of Skyrim to build his empire.  That is going to need some console tweaks to work, and if necessary I may have to find a mod or create my own to produce his henchmen and followers. 

• February 2, 2014 4:43 PM EST

Ahtar the executioner in Solitude. 

• 338 posts
    February 2, 2014 5:18 PM EST

He is not unlawful, don't get me wrong. This is the type of evil character who would LOVE to be among the Jarls' trusted advisers. Sort of like Grima Wormtongue and Theoden in LotR. 

He is not chaotic evil, if you go by the DnD chart. I'd say he is more lawful evil. He has no problem killing when it accomplishes something for him, but he doesn't go around killing people for no reason.