Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim DLC's

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2012 3:10 PM EST

I only made two other forums so far and i am impressed with the numbers of reply's i got. Sadly they are not the reply's i hoped for i personnaly want Cyrodiil in Skyrim but alot of others don't so if you don't want Cyrodiil wich would you rather have as a DLC

M for Morrowind        or

SI for Shivering isles

and if you want New plains or other memoral places of Tamriel put OP for other places!!

• January 16, 2012 3:25 PM EST

I seriously don't think they are going to redo a place Clay. Especially as just a DLC. If they did redo a province it would be a whole game. I don't want them to make a half-a**ed Morrowind, and they just did Shivering Isles so thats definately not an option. As for DLC, I have no idea whether they are going to include a large landmass, thought they have before with Bloodmoon (Solthseim) and Shivering Isles. I'm guessing it won't be something like a whole new province though, I'm guessing it will be some extra part of Skyrim, a new questline or something. If they did do a landmass for DLC I would like Elsweyr maybe. It's small, has tons of Khajiit (For once) and it's a desert/rainforest. That sounds like a crazy awesome Elder Scrolls game/DLC to me. Would love to see how Bethesda makes something like that.

• 297 posts
    January 16, 2012 3:25 PM EST

neither! geeez why is everyone so darn unoriginal all of a sudden?!

we have had morrowind and we had the shivering isles

a dlc for skyrim needs to be something new!, you cant keep looking back for inspiration the future is dead ahead now face front soldier lol,

look the creation kit's release will have every tom dick and harry making use of the existing heightmaps for modding which is great,but so help me i will snap if bethesda are so unoriginal with their dlc choice thankfully i know they are'nt that unresponsible,

look forward too new (and i mean totally new and original) dlc for skyrim.

-rant over-

• 739 posts
    January 16, 2012 3:30 PM EST

LOL! Yeah these yay or nay posts are getting a little strange clay! I've got nothing more to add than i did yesterday or the week before...

• January 16, 2012 3:35 PM EST

Lol, and I thought I might kind of piss him off

• 577 posts
    January 16, 2012 3:52 PM EST

Just play Oblivion and pretend its a DLC

DLC? Bring on the Thalmor. Period.

• 140 posts
    January 16, 2012 4:18 PM EST

Clay, I am sorry if I have missed your other posts in which you may have already explained this, but I am curious what makes you vote for Cyrodiil?  I am not going to criticize you, but since it seems that you have a fondness for it, I would love to know what made it special for you and what you would like to see in a DLC that includes/focuses on Cyrodiil?

My first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion, and I fell in love with the whole thing...I have yet to play Morrowind (used copy for Xbox waiting patiently in my TV cabinet) and so I wonder if one's first exposure to The Elder Scrolls creates that wistfullness for that original world.  I think I can understand wanting to see how the fall of the Empire, so to speak, has changed the seat of the Empire iteself.  I imagine those who loved Morrowind would love to see a return and all of the destructive changes that have occurred.

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2012 4:51 PM EST

What made it so special was that was the first elder scrolls i actually got into and it is my 2nd favorite elder scrolls also i had alot of fond memories there and another thing is i think it would awsome to see new cyrodiil and be there as dragonborn or the dovahkin wich ever you prefer saying

• 773 posts
    January 16, 2012 5:27 PM EST

I think there's absolutely zero chance of them re-doing the Shivering Isles. I mean it was great, but was a self-contained DLC that really doesn't need to be added to or redone

Since we have already discovered the 'height maps' for a part of Cyrodiil and Morrowind exist, I guess there is a small chance that they might make a DLC that involves crossing into a small, limited area of one or both provinces. But I don't anticipate they will do the whole of Cyrodiil.

Whilst they won't surely of back to the Shivering Isles, there must be a reasonable likelihood that they will do a DLC around one of the other Daedric realms. 

• 739 posts
    January 16, 2012 5:31 PM EST

Bring on Molag Bals realm!!

• 3 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:14 PM EST

YES!!!!!  I would play the crap outta that one.

• 10 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:15 PM EST

good idea

• 12 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:17 PM EST

we need something new, TO ATMORA!!!

• 708 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:43 PM EST

All the places we've already been I can guarantee will be modded in. I know alot of people are virtually itching for a Bloodmoon remake and Bethesda would never waste resources making something they've already done. Like I said in the last thread we've got Orsinium to the West, mainland Morrowind to the East, and Thalmor-controlled Hammerfell to the SW.

OP

By the way, I think the blog has spoken, you can stop making these threads now.

• 38 posts
    January 16, 2012 6:56 PM EST

OP

Vvardenfell, Elsweyr or Akavir, or at least parts

• January 16, 2012 7:42 PM EST

Vvardenfell is the part of Morrowind we already went to.

• 297 posts
    January 16, 2012 8:02 PM EST
    Tbh i totally agree
    if the op see's it fit too upload this thread yet again im going to see this as trolling and treat the situation the same and report him,
    you cannot just keep asking the same question over and over just because you dont get the reply you desire.
    • 5 posts
    January 17, 2012 7:51 AM EST

I reckon that they should do a big DLC for High Rock -  That would be so cool. Daggerfall is just unplayable so it would be cool to vist the home of the bretons.

And also seems possible as it's very close to skyrim. its not as big as cyrodill or morrowind so less work. seems perfect for DLC. as i doubt much people got the chance to see High Rock.

• 14 posts
    January 17, 2012 8:56 AM EST
    I really don't get the whole abbreviation thing. Would you not rather just hear people's opinions?
    Also, like most people have said, it's unlikely they would go back to cyrodil and it certainly isn't the most interesting choice they could make.
    • 10 posts
    January 17, 2012 4:02 PM EST

IT would be interesting BUT a new place would be cool

• 140 posts
    January 17, 2012 4:54 PM EST

I might suggest that you write a story about your Dragonborn's adventures in Cyrodiil, after double-checking with the lore on UESP.  It sounds like something you are passionate about and you may find writing about it rewarding, even if a DLC comes out. 

I personally was not pleased with how I left my Champion of Cyrodiil from Oblivion in the game, so I had to write my own history, keeping in mind what the lore allowed.  It was a most excellent way to extend the game, but in my own mind, and then eventually on paper.  I loved Oblivion, too, and the ending totally took the rug out from under my feet.  So I had to make peace with it somehow, and writing about it helped.  Maybe it would  do the same for you?

• 7 posts
    January 17, 2012 8:44 PM EST

I doubt Elsweyr is an option since its on the other side of Tamriel, for those who want it.

Personally I'd like a DLC to rebuild Winterhold, or board a ship to go north, or both...

However, I bet the DLC with the Thalmor related.