Forums » General Gaming

Oblivion

• 43 posts
    August 10, 2013 1:02 PM EDT

does anyone else think it would be awesome if there remade Oblivion with Skyrim graphics, combat ect ??????????

• 661 posts
    August 10, 2013 1:35 PM EDT

Have you ever heard of Project Skywind? Someone was awesome enough to remake Morrowind with Skyrim-everything! If that was done for Oblivion it would be so epic.

• 111 posts
    August 10, 2013 2:23 PM EDT

I thought Oblivion graphics were stunning on my graphics card (pc) but it's been a while since I played it. Maybe I'll re-install it and give it a try!

As for the combat? Not a great deal of difference really. One big improvement in Skyrim was dropping that silly agility skill other than that I still think (from an RPG point of view) that Oblivion is the better game. Certainly the mods represented a big difference from the ones currently available in Skyrim in terms of how much extra enjoyment and eye candy they generated. Player homes/estates, animation, races/classes, armour, to name but a few. Also worthy of mention was/is Apaachi's huge mod for clothing/armour weapons etc

Must admit that the ENB 3d modification does considerably improve Skyrim's general look for depth of field vision, water, landscapes sfx and so forth for me. Apart from some mooted points about perception of reality the only thing about Skyrim landscapes is their ethereal quality and majesty when looking at stuff like mountain ranges craggy valleys etc. I don't think that is translatable into Tamriel generally (possible exception of the Jerral mountains and Bruma) A big improvement is in  castle, cave and cavern interiors which get better in Dawnguard . Those would represent an improvement in the the original look of Oblivion, but I think it a marginal one. Oblivion improvements? a bit more variety in what's on the other side of an Oblivion Gate

• 17 posts
    August 10, 2013 6:20 PM EDT

They are also doing it for Oblivion, but the focus is on Morrowind.

• 106 posts
    August 10, 2013 6:31 PM EDT

I just watched a video called Skyblivion and it is just that. It's buggy but worth checking out

• 69 posts
    August 10, 2013 8:29 PM EDT

I still play Oblivion, with mods obviously. I'm not hating on Bethesda, but if you play a game made by them, mods are very useful for the things that they overlook.

• 43 posts
    August 11, 2013 2:08 AM EDT

i just think oblivion was overall better then skyrim (quest wise)

• 111 posts
    August 11, 2013 5:15 AM EDT

I agree jevo. For the quests Skyrim graphics would make a difference as the castles/caves etc could stand some individuality and  custom interiors so good in Skyrim, but what is possible now with more sophisticated GPU's would not have been achievable in the heydays of Oblivion. The big thing about Oblivion quests v Skyrim quests is the poor choice(s) available to the PC in Skyrim conversations - sorry that's not poor choices just sloppy finishing. Even if you say no you still get the quest in your journal. That's not conventional rpg'ing

• 17 posts
    August 11, 2013 8:36 AM EDT

I feel that especially the guilds lacked originality in Skyrim. Brotherhood and Thieves Guild were O.K., but still no match for the ones in Oblivion. The quests were better and completing a Guild felt much more rewarding.