Forums » The Lounge

The Poll Suggestion Thread

• 773 posts
    January 11, 2012 9:43 AM EST

Anybody got suggestions for polls on the site?

I'm running a bit short on ideas for poll topics that we haven't already done, so I thought I'd throw it open for ideas.

Looking forward to your thoughts 

• 132 posts
    January 11, 2012 9:49 AM EST

Perhaps this has been done already, but maybe "What is your favorite random event?" with stuff like dragons, hired thugs, the old orc, fire/ice mage duel, Companions fighting creatures etc.

• 773 posts
    January 11, 2012 9:56 AM EST

Thanks for the idea William

To be honest thats probably better for a forum thread than a poll, because there are such a wide variety of possible answers.

The best polls are where you'e got a very 'obvious' and limited set number of answers ... about 4-6 are best, although the widget supports up to 10. 

• 10 posts
    January 11, 2012 10:35 AM EST

Total game time? Through Steam you can see your exact total playing time (if I'm not mistaken), and otherwise you can always check ingame where there should be a timer beneath the save-file.

• 22 posts
    January 11, 2012 11:01 AM EST

You could do some fun polls like :

Have you fought a Dragon unarmed yet?

1) Yes and I kicked his ass

2) Yes and I got eaten!

3) No it's too scary

4) No but I will now!

Have you gotten Married yet?

1) Yes, it was great

2) Yes but I couldn't stand the nagging so I killed my spouse!

3) No, it's not my style!

4) No but not from lack of trying!

5) Nearly but then I came to my senses!

Do you chase Butterflies / Dragonflies?

1) Yes and I catch them too

2) Yes, I charge through rivers and jump off rocks like a maniac trying to catch them

3) No, I’m not some SpongeBob wanabe with a butterfly net!

4) I’ve tried but there crafty buggers and keep getting away.

• 426 posts
    January 11, 2012 11:05 AM EST

You could do some tailored polls for the different guild quest lines. for example (spoiler) did you kill or accept cicero in the DB quests? Companion to keep the beast blood or not? and so on

• 856 posts
    January 11, 2012 12:59 PM EST

Here's some  (apologies if any of these have been done):

(1) What is your favorite Hold/Province (open area, not city)  (include an option for no preference).

(2) How many characters do you have?  (0 (haven't played yet), 1, 2-3, 4-7, 8-12, 12+).  A different, but related poll - How many characters have you retired?

(3)  What is the most common way your character dies ?  (creature, person, magical trap, mechanical trap, falling, drowning).  This poll might be set up so a person can make multiple votes.  

(4)  If your character dies from a creature/person, do you.  Choose the option closest to what you do, elaborate in the comments.

a.  Reload last save and try again, at same difficulty.

b.  Reload last save, and try again, lower the difficulty.

c. Reload last save,  avoid the encounter/exit the dungeon - I'lll come back when I've leveled a bit.

d.  That character is dead (no reloads).  Time to start a new character or play an alternate.

• 856 posts
    January 11, 2012 1:02 PM EST

I like the idea.  Unfortunately for me, the steam number is inaccurate.  I may start playing, quicksave, pause the game, and not come back for hours - Steam has no idea that I'm not setting at my computer, of course, so it logs those hours as total time played.

• 773 posts
    January 11, 2012 1:56 PM EST

Yes Steam logs the total hours that Skyrim is 'loaded' onto the PC

• 14 posts
    January 11, 2012 2:18 PM EST

How many characters people have and what roles they play seems to have been quite a popular topic recently, so how about something along the lines of:

"How do you "role-play" in Skyrim?"

-I play with one character and I only really get into his story and class specific skills.

-I have a number of characters for expanding and fulfilling my role-playing desires.

-I play with one character who I develop class specific skills with, but usually break the role-playing elements by doing unspecific quests/faction missions.

-I don't worry about class specific skills, but I usually role-play in terms of quests I accept or factions I ally myself with.

-I just play the game for fun/completion really and don't worry too much about role-playing, classes or what quests I do.

I'm sure some of those answers could be worded better or made shorter at least, but I'd be interested to see how that turns out.

• 14 posts
    January 11, 2012 2:20 PM EST

The last option of the last question there, "the character is dead (no reloads)", that's really interesting.  Does anyone actually play like this? I would like to try it out sometime, but I can imagine it could be frustrating...

• 708 posts
    January 11, 2012 6:58 PM EST

Favourite Material type (eg glass, dragon, orcish etc)?

What did you think of the MQ?

Blades or Greybeards?

• 14 posts
    January 11, 2012 7:44 PM EST

Seems like something we would have done already, but how about a poll for where people would like to see dlc set?  One of the other provinces such as Morrowind, High Rock, Elsweyr etc or just elsewhere? (see what I did there?)

Did we have a poll like that already?

• 856 posts
    January 11, 2012 10:31 PM EST

I play like that (on master) until about 15th level (eg the frustration of 'losing' a lv. 28 character isn't worth it).  After 15th level, I pay a resurrection penalty (I drop something substantial, eg a daedric artifact or more, etc.).  I'm always cautious, and I run away, a lot.

• 773 posts
    January 12, 2012 3:22 AM EST

Thanks for all the suggestions, there are quite a few here that can be used.

There'll be a new one later today, based on one if RuneRed's suggestions. But further suggestions are still welcome, as they can be added to my list for future polls 

Thanks all