Forums » Elder Scrolls

someone please delete

• 3 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:04 PM EDT

"A great war was raged, which left both the cats and the snakes weak, and the Dragons all dead. Since that time the cat-folk have tried to become the Dragons. Tosh Raka is the first to succeed. He is the largest Dragon in the world, orange and black, and he has very many new ideas.

"First," Tosh Raka says, "is that we kill all the vampire snakes." Then the Tiger-Dragon Emperor wants to invade Tamriel.'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son of the Tiger Dragon

Backstory

When you were just a babe, your mother left you at the front gate of Tosh Raka's palace. Even then, he realized the great power you were to possess, and he took you in as his son. He had you train with the greatest warriors of the Ka Po' Tun, where you mastered the blade. Even when hunting, you preferred to sneak up on your prey and pounce on them with powerful duel wielded attacks rather than using his bow. 

On your 20th birthday, you were summoned to your father's chambers. He said to you 

" You have grow strong over the years, Ahkrin, stronger than any other Ka Po' Tun could be. For you share something with me, The blood of dragons."

"Th-thank you," you stuttered, barely able to speak, "shall i take my leave then?"

"No," he said "I have an important task for you. You are to go to the land of Skyrim, learn the ways of the dragon. While you are there, you are to make the people of Tamriel fear the Ka Po' Tun. Show them that we are a force to be reckoned with!"

And so your journey began.

Build

Race: Khajiit (tiger-like, of course) and make him buff

Stone: Warrior< Shadow or Lord

Stat Distribution: 0/2/4

Perk spread @ lvl 30

Skills:One Handed, Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, Alteration (optional, fro silent casting)

Gear:

Weapons: Primarily duel wielded scimitars (Akaviri don't block), and it fits well with the primal look that (in my opinion) Ka Po' Tun weapons and armor should have. Also, keep a bow with you for those tough to beat boss types, but avoid using it too much (not really his style) I went with the forsworn bow. If you are looking for more powerplay, go for dragonbone swords, but you will need to make some sacrifices early on for the required smithing perks.

Armor: The roleplay set is fur armor with scaled boots and bracers (if you don't mind that it's a glitch, the Jagged Crown as well, besides that most helmets look silly on Khajiit, so just go no helm). For powerplay, get the full dragonscale set. (once again, requires smithing perks)

Roleplay:

Main quest (at least until the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller) your main purpose for going to Skyrim was to learn more about the ways of the dragon.

Stormcloaks (civil war) knowing your people's history of being threatened by s greater power, you feel the Nord's plight. Besides, the weakened empire will be that much easier for your father to overthrow...

Just about any quest that increases your rep or gives you new dragon shouts.

Game Play:

You are a skilled hunter, and no other races can come close to the stealth and speed of the Ka Po' Tun, and your playstyle reflects this. Lurk in the shadows until you find the ideal moment to pounce (with either a silent roll or a whirlwind sprint shout) When confronted by large groups, use your silent roll, whirlwind sprint, and critical charge to stay mobile. Slow time works great too. Remember, your greatest power lies in striking first and hard, while leaving your victims comrades wondering who you are while you set up your next attack.

Enjoy, and be sure to check out henson's great build, the Ka Po' Tun

(this is my first build by the way)

• 490 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

Hey Cam Long, couple of things:

1. Some good ideas here, but expand! We need more glorious info on this character. Give us some more detail into what YOU chose for the build when you played it.

2. Alteration is not host to the perk Quiet Casting, that is illusion. Did you play this build first? Check that typo!

3. This needs to be posted into the Character Building group titled "Character Build: Son of the Tiger Dragon".

4. I appreciate the link to my build, but make this your own! Make sure to really sell the idea, especially in the gameplay section. Tell us how the skills melded together and worked well together.

When I went to start my Ka Po' Tun build, I was dead set on dual wielding at first, which you are right would fit very well! Expand more on that choice and why it works well with this playstyle.

Just make sure to post this in the CB group, but keep up the good ideas.

• 185 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:31 PM EDT
    Funny.
    my firsty kapotun was named Tosh Raka II
    • 3 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:32 PM EDT
    Hey, thanks for the advice. Ill be sure to make an update when i have some more free time.
    • 3 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:35 PM EDT
    And by the way, I assure you i play tested this. I chose to avoid investing perks for quiet casting, i just thought it was worth noting as a good idea.
    • 490 posts
    July 21, 2013 4:36 PM EDT

Oh OK! The "for silent casting" confused me, it sounded like you invested into alteration for that perk.