Forums » Elder Scrolls

our character

• 24 posts
    January 1, 2012 10:07 AM EST

i know most people like to have no voice in these type of games. but i on the other hand hope that the new elder scrolls game that comes out will have a wide collection of voices for our character so we can really capture our characters character.

we could actually hear our orc after he murders people. a voice gives the race character. but if people that think the voice would just ruin it i believe bethesda and the other companies should make an option of "no voice" which would let you play the elder scrolls game like any other. i also think they should add voices to the new fallout game for same reasons.

• 773 posts
    January 1, 2012 10:34 AM EST

The problem is that with ten races and two genders, you would need twenty versions of everything that a character can say

That's a heck of a lot of voice work!

It's straight forward when your character is a given, like in The Witcher 2 for example, but I doubt that its going to happen in Elder Scrolls for the reasons I give

• 24 posts
    January 1, 2012 10:38 AM EST

but the voice work would i think make the character more alive. like you could assign him a voice and a personality to your choosing. it would give your character more of an alive look and feel to the game.

• 739 posts
    January 1, 2012 10:43 AM EST
    No i wouldnt like this at all! I decide how my character sounds in my head.
    • 24 posts
    January 1, 2012 10:47 AM EST

thats why they should add an alternative that way u can chose to not have a voice like in previous games