Forums » General Gaming

Dark souls shenanigans

• 360 posts
    March 13, 2013 6:13 PM EDT
    Any interesting stories, triumfs, builds, discussions, duel invites over xbox live, psn, pc, or hopes for the future of the series, if so then lets get the discussion started.
    • 661 posts
    March 13, 2013 10:54 PM EDT

only played Demon Souls bro sorry. But I do recall running across a bridge and being in cover then being blasted down by dargonbreath.

• 9 posts
    March 13, 2013 11:59 PM EDT

i made a trihard account where i make trihard builds lol. atm i have a sl 100 dex type with 33 poise, dwgr and ring of fap xD

but i also have some old school builds on my main account. They are all sl 125s and none of them uses dwgr 

my main account is XultZSprrW (psn)

and my trihard account is TheSaltzZ

feel free to add me xD

• 360 posts
    March 14, 2013 5:29 AM EDT
    Unfortunatly im only on xbox but its great that people are showing interest
  • March 14, 2013 9:42 AM EDT

I've posted it before but my favorite build is Grass Crest Shield and Magic/Enchanted Wing Spear, going 40 Endurance and maximum Intelligence. Black Leather armor set for mobility and style, enough points in one of the stats to get 4 spell slots (maybe 5), starting with the Pyromancer class. It's a flexible build that makes up for its fragility and ack of raw DPS with excellent mobility and stamina, versatile magic selection, and ability to go head to head with some of the strongest enemies in the game while only suffering minor damage as a result.

I didn't play online, so I'd say my greatest triumph with the character was beating the entire game with no outside help other than maps and walkthroughs. Some of the boss fights, especially the early ones, seem to expect you to have a friend or two to help you out. Even against the gargoyles and other double-team bosses, I fought solo and prevailed with patience, tactics, and a LOT of grinding. I finished the game around level 105, and the final boss failed to hit me ONCE. That's what Sorceries, mobility, and a spear/shield defense will do I suppose.

• 360 posts
    March 14, 2013 5:16 PM EDT
    Im currently rocking the scimitar buffed with sunlight blade, i was using using the balder sword a while back, but then i saw how much potencial the scimitar has and i just had to get it. I was right though, since my previous streak at the battle of stoiscm was 8 with the balder sword and with the buffed scimitar i got it up to 18!
    • 9 posts
    March 14, 2013 9:41 PM EDT

try the ricards rapier! its r2 move does about 4-5 quick hits! great for buff builds :D

oh and http://i.minus.com/iAAZ2MpXTZdEa.gif

• 577 posts
    March 14, 2013 11:07 PM EDT

Lol...pretty much! oooff those guys hit hard....

• 360 posts
    March 15, 2013 5:24 AM EDT
    I was using ricard a while back, but it is insanely hard to get someone to just take all of the hits from the heavy atk. For rapiers the main offensive move( most effective in my opinion) is the runnig atk and the best rapier is the estoc since it is the most damaging and the longest, and because it is the longest it has the potencial of doing about 3 hits with the running atk if u time it right, this in my opinion makes the estoc the best rapier, but since rapiers dont have a lot of poise breaking, and are only really good for backstabbers and "duelers"(its what i like to call the rapier bukler setup) i dont really like any of those things so i chose the balder sword for its exelent thrust conter, wich can be devastating when combined with the leo ring, and later on the scimitar wich has one of the best buffed dps in the game.
    • 360 posts
    March 15, 2013 3:38 PM EDT
    Quick question to all of you, what do you hate the most? Twop? Chain bs? Flaskers? Dwgr? Housewifes? Hornet ring? gankers? Or the best of them all, hacking gankers
    • 577 posts
    March 15, 2013 6:38 PM EDT

oh boy....yeah, I probably hate the hackers/modders the most. It's so cowardly and pussy move. They basically do it cause they suck at playing the game. I send them a message all the time and tell them to get that garbage out of here! lol Hackers are weird. They feel righteous about it. Like it's no big deal. I always tell them I don't care if you hack unlimited health, but just do it offline or play Hollow for Christ's sakes! If your thought process is that you're tired of getting beat up by invaders, just play Hollow. If you want to summon NPC's, just haul ass to their sign. There's plenty of ways to avoid invaders, etc.

Bottom line, it's just a pussy move. A couple times I've black crystaled out of the game cause I didn't want to deal with it. Give him the satisfaction. I don't care about my souls.

Another thing I can't stand is people spamming combustion! Drives me nuts! Kinda another puss move if you ask me. lol But then again, I'm slowly working my way up to PvP at a higher level (100-120) and I'll be able to take alot more hits. Like I said before, I've been pvping invaders in Burg and Parish at low levels with fully upgraded gear. The matches don't last long cause my Vit is only like 12....

I had an incident where I was summoned in the Parish and there was three of us...of course we got invaded and the dude was hackin. Had unlimited HP. I parried his ass and everything...no numbers show up. I finally crystalled out. We had a conversation and I was basically drilling into him trying to understand why he was hackin. He said "to teach the noobs respect. They don't bow to me, blah, blah.." He had this vendetta for bowing. I told him...look dude, YOU are invading THEIR world. They don't have to bow. If someone invades me and bows first, I'll bow back...but I won't bow first. Screw that!! lol they're usually slip behind and backstab me!! But this guy was a tool...total dick. And to top it off, he was hackin

I also hate the "well, what is it?" gesture when someone just cheeses the hell out of you (like spam combustion) It's usually the ppl who don't have skills and are just cocky...yeah, gets me blood boiling. lol.....alright, i'm done ranting

• 360 posts
    March 15, 2013 6:47 PM EDT
    Lol, dont forget to add dark bead to the hate
    • 577 posts
    March 15, 2013 7:32 PM EDT

Oh man...this is my favorite DkS video ever. Absolutely brilliant was this guy has done. If you have sound, turn it up!!!

• 360 posts
    March 15, 2013 10:19 PM EDT
    Amazing noob disguise, but take a look at this, its the ultimate cosplay! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywyll7GUG5Q
    • 577 posts
    March 16, 2013 1:27 AM EDT

Niiiice! I've thought about doing this with the Darkwraiths in New Londo. You know the two that chill in the closet looking space...lol Curious to know where this guy disposed the body of the 'real' silver knight.

I like this video also. lol...cracks me up. It's actually a bit creepy with the guy just chillin there. It's a Peeve video...he states "do NOT mess with this guys furniture" lol

• 360 posts
    March 16, 2013 8:27 AM EDT
    Well actually the silver knights dissolve so the body just disapears, dark wraiths do leave corpses though. And yeah i saw that vid already, peeve's awesome
    • 360 posts
    March 18, 2013 8:11 PM EDT
    Hey people, epic name bro is alive and starting a new dark days! He will be featuring strength weapons for those who love the slow swings and massive stamina consuption. Also i know its bad to go a bit off topic on my own discussion, but do the 2 handed weps in skyrim have sneak kill animations? I will also be posting builds on the blog, 3 builds i have planed so far 2, the peolpe in this discussion will probably like