Forums » General Gaming

So, with the obvious exception of Skyrim, what is YOUR 'Game of

• 773 posts
    December 23, 2011 1:51 PM EST

So, we've seen all the gaming sites and magazines announcing their Game of the Year - and, of course, many of them have nominated Skyrim...

But, taking Skyrim out of the equation, which game is your personal Game of the Year' for 2011?

• 238 posts
    December 23, 2011 2:03 PM EST

Fifa 12

• 77 posts
    December 23, 2011 2:07 PM EST

The Witcher 2, hands down the best game except Skyrim in a long time.

• December 23, 2011 2:18 PM EST

Hmmm. I haven't gotten any of the new games really. Just old games I really liked and some not so old but cheaper games. So as far as games other than Skyrim that I have played and liked the most. Mount and Blade Warband. Sorry, just can't afford 60 bucks on games when Skyrim is JUST about to come out :P And as for games that I played that aren't all these super new games (Batman, that racing game etc.) I was probably playing something else and just didn't get any ofem cause I was playing other crap.

Actually, I did get Crysis 2 at full price, was a good game but it doesn't beat M&B Warband with Native Expansion Mod

• 773 posts
    December 23, 2011 2:43 PM EST

Yes, I would go for The Witcher 2 as well

The plot, the voice acting, the graphics and the combat were exceptional. It lacked the 'open world' of Skyrim but I goes you can't have everything.

• 10 posts
    December 23, 2011 3:05 PM EST

Batman: Arkham City or Battlefield 3

• December 23, 2011 3:12 PM EST

Apart from Skyrim there really isnt any other Modern warefare 3 is shit compared to the previous games and dragon age 2 was a let down (although i still put 50+ Hours into it) so im on the fence with this one.

If it was the game of the last couple of years i would put DAO, MA and Skyrim as equals but i did enjoy DAO far more than skyrim or any other game =D

• 77 posts
    December 23, 2011 4:02 PM EST

I loved the way they handled the world. I like hub based questing with a bit of free roaming mixed in.

For me, the best thing in Skyrim would have been to control the player a little bit. Not open all holds at once, make you do some quests in a hold before moving on to the next.