Forums » Elder Scrolls

The most powerfull character you could possibly build

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2011 10:58 AM EST

Have you ever wondered what would be the most powerfull character you could possibly make at lvl 50?

I do but I really have no idea since I have only one character that's at lvl 40 right now. Would you guys be able to tell me what way to go for a demi-god character that's able to kill right about anything it encounters?

Be a bit specific please people.

• 3 posts
    December 20, 2011 2:24 PM EST

im not sure, mainly because i dont normally reach those levels, but there is a page on UESP about skill leveling you might want to check out.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2011 2:31 PM EST

I know but those usually are just statistics and theoretical builds. I want to know from you guys what you think is the most powerfull build you can obtain at lvl 50. Real ingame experience.

• 739 posts
    December 20, 2011 3:48 PM EST

Your not a member of the character builds group dieter, i would head that way if you really want specifics, plenty of overpowered builds on offer.

If it was me it would be a Breton battlemage, and i'd powerlevel certain skills very early on to give myself the advantage. It would probably be a 3 or 4 hour process to 'set up' an ultimate character. I'd start by hard-leveling some of the magical arts and then allow my combat skills to level naturally as i played.

My skill choices for an overpowered build would be: Destruction, One handed, Conjuration, Heavy Armor, Block, Smithing, Enchantment. Some Restoration, Alteration, Illusion maybe.

Some of the steps i would use:-

1. From tutorial, head straight to the college of winterhold, join, and start doing enchantment runs for the enchanter, this enables you to amass wealth without leveling your character, at level 1 - 5  all the staff at the college have around 8 -10 empty petty soul gems per go. At later levels they only stock one or two or none, which badly slows down enchanting. So amass as many petty gems as possible with the money you earn fetching enchantments.

2. We want an early advantage over anything that comes our way, thats going to involve power leveling which is boring. Go get yourself soul trap, summon flame atronach, healing hands, fast healing and maybe muffle and oakflesh if you want to improve those specific skills.

3. Make sure you have mage stone selected, are in your heavy armor, and also have the well rested bonus for 30% quicker learning of magic schools.

4. Find the college illusionist and offer to muck out the focus pools for him, doing this quest gives you infinite magicka for around two in-game days so no resting once the quests done, were going to ride the holy ass off this once-a-game magical effect.

5. Head straight out of the college (no fast traveling) and find yourself some horkers. If you want to learn destruction then equip sparks/flames and healing hands and give the enemy a painful/healing shower, this lets you level restoration as well which has a number of handy low level perks. I would pitch for at least level 50 destruction for adept level spells and level 40 restoration for the respite perk. Horkers hit hard when your low level which should boost heavy armor up pretty quick to. Remember to switch out with your regular healing spell when you need to, horkers move slow so you will always be able to outmaneuver them/it. Hard save your game every 5 levels or so.

Alteration is another pretty essential skill for a demi-god, change to oakflesh and simply kite the horker while duel casting your spell, we want the 3 magical resistance perks for the breton and if your greedy take it to 100 for the Atronach perk. 

Finally, kill the bloody horker! Switch to duel weild soul trap and blast at its corpse until you reach level 100 conjuration. Takes about 15 minutes with duel casting and unlimited magicka. Twin souls is ours.

Do you want 100 illusion? You know what to do....(muffle)

Next call is smithing, so back to whiterun and head for the ritual stone to the northeast, under the ritual stone is a cave that i forget the name of, gray-something.... Anyway their are two trolls in their so let your two fire atronachs do the work or wade in if your confident. At the top of the cave near the bodies is 'frokis bow' a permanent item which sports the very expensive stamina damage enchantment so disenchant it.

Now its finally time to learn smithing and enchantment, i always head west from whiterun and hunt deer/wolves/mudcrabs for my souls. If you decided to run illusion, invisiblilty and muffle will speed up the process dramatically at this point, chasing deer is a pain in the butt. You can also cast fury at deer which should make it come to you with its soul. Nice. Sleep to get the well rested bonus before enchanting. Smithing is very easy to max.

Enchant your smithed iron daggers with stamina damage and sell to cover your material costs. Obviously finding more souls is what slows down this process, but once your cash starts racking up you can just buy the pre-filled ones from court wizards or the folk at the college to complete your enchantment training and gain the extra effect perk.  Destruction costs down to 0% cost, maybe half costs for conjuration and restoration. Stat increases on the rest of your gear and away you go.

This would complete most of the process to create an uber build for me. I'd be starting all my quests with infinite adept level destruction casting binded to heavily smithed gear, the ability to recover health/stamina at a moments notice, and after completing the 'book of love' quest in riften my Breton would have 70% magic resist, not that he would ever need it. Oh, and lets not forget the twin dremoras waiting in reserve for when you just cant be bothered unsheathing your weapon.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2011 4:00 PM EST

Sounds pretty damn strong to me, but also a lot of work. I'll be sure to remember this, especially the unlimited magica for 2 days. I didn't even knew this with my current character so I kinda haven't exploited that.

• 739 posts
    December 20, 2011 4:40 PM EST

It is alot of work if you take it to these extremes, but its a couple of hours work to set your character up to play a game that takes weeks to complete if you do every quest.

What i like to do is use the above method to quickly master one school of magic, then just play normally. For example you could get the magicka buff for a warrior type character, head down to the nearest group of horkers and stand in the middle of them duel casting healing to master restoration and seriously boost heavy armor.

Or what i did for my dark elf, get magicka buff at college, spam muffle until i mastered illusion (15mins), buy invisibility and go join the dark brotherhood with a pre-packed assassin. This in my opinion is the quickest path to an invincible character, only dragons give him a hard time because you cant slit a dragons throat.

• 708 posts
    December 20, 2011 4:41 PM EST

You're forgetting the alchemy/enchanting thing to make uber items/enchantments: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting and scroll down to the Optimizing section.

• 739 posts
    December 20, 2011 4:49 PM EST

I try to choose to forget that method.  I havent used it yet, maybe we should run a competition to see who can create the best artifact status item using that exploit.

• 952 posts
    December 20, 2011 4:52 PM EST
    Actually you can sneak attack a dragon, I actually did this for the first time totday with the dragon in blackreach, although it was pitch black in there and I had trouble seeing him too.
    Also for the character build group, I haven't joined them but you can read my character build somewhere on a link on my page to one of Kevin's discusions I have replied to today. He's pretty strong too but I think he isn't focused on specific skills enough.