Forums » General Gaming

Which Game to Choose??

• 62 posts
    November 29, 2012 7:40 PM EST

I'm getting a pretty nice laptop in the mail soon. I have $60 worth is Steam cash ready to use once I install steam on my new PC. I was planning to use it on Skyrim, which I love. I was super excited to get to utilize everything that isn't available in the console version. Then I just started realizing how awesome both Dishonored and Far Cry 3 look. I'm tempted to get one of those instead, and save Skyrim for later.

What do you guys think? I'd still be really excited for Skyrim, but I'm wondering if you all think it would be worth it to try one of the others first.

Thanks! 

• 1913 posts
    November 29, 2012 7:49 PM EST
    Get either far cry or skyrim.
  • November 29, 2012 7:49 PM EST

I definitely prefer Skyrim to Dishonored, and I'll probably prefer it to Far Cry 3. But if you want to try Dishonored or Far Cry 3 first, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Far Cry 3 over Dishonored, haven't played FC3 but it looks more fun than Dishonored (though Dishonored was still really fun). You can't really go wrong with any of them

• 377 posts
    November 29, 2012 9:42 PM EST

Skyrim is a god amongst those games. Play Skyrim, then Far Cry 3, then Dishonored.

• November 29, 2012 9:44 PM EST

Well, if you already have Skyrim get Far Cry 3, otherwise get Skyrim and then use the rest of the money to save up for Far Cry 3.

• 377 posts
    November 29, 2012 9:54 PM EST

Also be aware that there is very very likely (almost guaranteed) that Steam will be having a holiday sale with amazing discounts. So if that money ain't burning a hole in your pocket, and you are able to hold off until the holidays, then you are likely to get lot more for your money because the games will be cheap cheap cheap.

• 291 posts
    November 29, 2012 9:58 PM EST

Exactly.  They may well do another Skyrim sale where they have all the DLCs plus the base game available cheaper than the base game by itself.

Or they might do some kind of Beth deal where you can get both Dishonored and Skyrim cheap.

• 62 posts
    November 30, 2012 8:28 PM EST

I'll probably wait and look at sales, then. If anyone looks back at this, you can answer another question. This will be my first Windows 8 device (I'm mainly a Mac guy), and although I'm familiar with other Windows OSs I'm wondering if there are any potential problems that will come with Windows 8 related to Steam, Skyrim, or gaming in general. Will I be able to figure installation and everything out?

• 377 posts
    November 30, 2012 11:22 PM EST

Don't use Win8 for gaming. I've heard bad things about it, but I don't remember the details. I'm sure they could be Googled. Most gamers use Win XP or Win 7. I use Win7, and I have no will or want to switch to Win8. I recommend Win7.

• 409 posts
    December 1, 2012 6:05 AM EST

Skyrim and has anyone else noticed it's price hasn't dropped since it came out last year? I was black friday shopping and I saw one in the shelves of walmart for $60.

• 377 posts
    December 1, 2012 6:31 AM EST

The was a great deal for it and all the DLC on Steam during the Black Friday sales. But as for retail stores, ya they tend to keep the prices for games in stores for as long as possible.

• 409 posts
    December 1, 2012 6:34 AM EST

I know but a lot of games who have been out for as long as skyrim have already dropped in price but Skyrim stays at $60.

• 377 posts
    December 1, 2012 5:25 PM EST

If a game is doing good with sales they'll keep the max price for as long as possible. Once sales drop for a significant time period, then (and only then) will they start slowly lowering the price to the game. They likely go from 60, to 45, to 30, and then stay at 20. Mind you, this will be over a  period of time of a few years. It all has to do with how well a game is selling.

• 952 posts
    December 1, 2012 5:28 PM EST

Retail Skyrim is about 20€ here, so that's about 28$.It used to be 50€ (about 70$ or something), you just live in an expensive country.

• 377 posts
    December 1, 2012 5:32 PM EST

Tell me about it.