Forums » Elder Scrolls

Are you excited for Far Cry 3?

• November 27, 2012 1:54 PM EST

I know I damn well am.

Even the Cynical Brit likes it.

• 271 posts
    November 27, 2012 2:00 PM EST
    Yes, im really is! :) I 'think' i will get it for christmas, but you know...No peaking! ;P
    • 966 posts
    November 27, 2012 4:20 PM EST

Looks really good, probably gonna get it.

• 11 posts
    November 27, 2012 9:59 PM EST

I'll be honest I haven't played Far Cry yet... But I am pretty sure I will get it this time. There was one review that really hooked my into buying the game. I can't remember the reviewer off the top of my head but he wrote "Like Skyrim with guns." I'm just like "Take my money"

• 577 posts
    November 27, 2012 9:59 PM EST

Yeah, I think I'll get this eventually. I have quite a few unfinished games at the moment and don't really need another to just fester. lol I probably hit my brother up to get this for me for x-mas. We don't really exchange gifts that much anymore but the last couple years he's kick down a game for me

To be frank, I don't like 'modern' setting games all that much. I usually prefer some kind of unique, made up world in a different time whether that be future or past. From what I hear, this has an interesting story, so that intrigues me. Alot of 'walking on the edge' of sanity is appealing to me. Supposedly there's alot of drug usage and its how you gain 'skills'. lol That should be interesting.

I have my eye on this for sure, but it comes out the same day as Dragonborn and I'll be fully invested in that

• November 27, 2012 10:07 PM EST

Lol, that "Like Skyrim with guns" quote is complete stupidity to be honest, but still.

The game looks really great, it'll come out on the 29th or something for UK and 4th for US (British bastards) so it actually isn't out yet (Wish I got review copies... Lucky youtubers and reviewers ), it will definitely be open world, with cars, boats, ATVs, and even Hang Gliders (It looks like they are much like 2's Hang Gliders and they are really fun to use, so I am excited to use them in 3 since it looks more vertical in a lot of places), there is hunting, better stealth, and AI to accompany the stealth, bunch of guns, apparently a pretty good story and really good characters.

Yeah. I'm pretty hyped, I know it will be good.

It's bullshit that they seem to have gotten rid of pretty much all of the recoil though.

• November 27, 2012 10:11 PM EST

Ah, you do not get skills from drug usage, you get skills from experience and when you gain a skill you get a tattoo on your arm. Apparently it ties in with the story with this "True Warrior" stuff or something. There does seem to be drugs and hallucinations and stuff apparently though so I'm interested in how that is too. Games where you have a part where you are disorientated/drunk/whatever seem to usually be pretty cool, so I wonder how it will work, if it's just for certain missions/story parts or if you can carry stuff around and use it at will. I guess we'll see really.

And it seems like it might be more than 'walking on the edge', it seems like it's more full blown insanity, or at least parts of it are.

• 377 posts
    November 28, 2012 3:08 AM EST

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I guess you could say I'm a little excited for Far Cry 3. I mean, who isn't?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 34 posts
    November 28, 2012 4:27 AM EST

I am playing the leak right now. Screen tearing on xbox is really bad, but my tv is a bit of a punk so it could be that. just waiting for my pre-order on the 4th before I go to crazy. always buy your games kids. I am liking the AK-47 since most of the enemies drop ammo for it ($90 for 30 rounds gets expensive), still haven't unlocked any attachments for it though, really wanting a red dot for it, loads of bugs, but patches can fix that, worth the buy.

• November 28, 2012 12:47 PM EST

Well maybe it's because it's a 'leak'.

Most reviewers used Xbox review copies, so idk, never even heard of a leak but yeah, it's probably just you/your version.

• 34 posts
    November 28, 2012 7:23 PM EST

Leaks are just backups of the original game released to the public. a lot of game stores get copies of the game in a few days before release and smaller family owned stores sometimes break the street date and sell them early to earn some money since it is hard to compete with gamestop. Far Cry 3 has been reported with screen tearing on the xbox version but that can be patched. If it does have to do with the disc quality then once I pick up my Pre-order everything should be fine. There are a few bugs but I have not found anything game breaking. still worth the buy.

• 966 posts
    November 29, 2012 3:26 PM EST

Just played it, it's awesome!

I suggest everyone get the bow as soon as possible. Oh, and by the way, shark hunting is fun, but don't even bother going down into the deep to hunt manta rays, you can't loot them. And I went through so much trouble getting to one on the bottom of a shark infested sea.

• November 29, 2012 4:00 PM EST

I can only get one Christmas present this year (going on a cruise) Bioshock Infinite or Far Cry 3? Why do I have to choose?

• November 29, 2012 4:14 PM EST

I'm not entirely sure what you're hinting at

• November 29, 2012 4:23 PM EST

Pretty sure that won't work 

• November 29, 2012 9:59 PM EST

I can hunt manta rays? Awesome, that is the first I'm doing 

• 966 posts
    November 30, 2012 4:26 AM EST

Well go ahead, all you need is a boat with a gun and balls.

I went to the bottom of a sea to try and loot, I was pissed that I couldn't. You can loot sharks though.

• 773 posts
    November 30, 2012 11:04 AM EST

My son put this on his Amazon Wishlist for Christmas- it arrived this morning

Should I have a sneaky play before Dec 25th?

• 952 posts
    November 30, 2012 12:00 PM EST

Well, most people wouldn't mind with that so I guess there no harm in trying. If he does mind you can just make up some excuse about why it's opened.

If it works with one of em platforms like Steam, Origin, or Ubisoft whatever that one is called you can't play it though.