Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Character/Build are you going to use for the Dragonborn DLC

• 180 posts
    November 17, 2012 9:23 AM EST

Just curious to know what people's plans are for their first playthough of Dragonborn. Will you use a build from the blog? Your "Main" character? Make a new character? I'm interested in knowing why you have made your choices regarding skills, race, ect.

I'm also interested to know what roleplay aspects you will include. Have you already thought of a character backstory? Will you be playing DID? What inspired you to make this build/character?

Feel free to include anything else you will be bringing into your first playthrough. I'll post my own after the discussion takes off.

• 133 posts
    November 17, 2012 9:28 AM EST

I will be using my Aar-Se-Dovah mainly because it has uses for the new DLC features like spears and mountable dragons. I will continue using the roleplaying aspects about conquering the dragons, learning their language and becoming one. I will be making a new backstory for how he got involved in that mess after it's release. I always play DID. What inspired me to make my Ka Po' Tun was just the awesome lore about them. I will be including an update to that build of mine.

• 31 posts
    November 17, 2012 9:57 AM EST

I will use my main character for the first play. He is a Sneak-Warrior.
    He uses a bow for sneak attacks and the sword "Dragonbane" for combat. He`s name is Ronald Hedgeborg. 

On the second play, I have created  a new character, wich is an Argonian mercenary from sothern Black Marsh. He uses a bow for sneak attacks, while in combat he uses an greatsword. He`s name is Akish-Banaiz. 

I had to delete the Kahjiit save for vamp lord play in Dawnguard, becasue the save corrupted. He`s name was Jo`Shavir. 

• 44 posts
    November 17, 2012 11:42 AM EST
    i'll use my own character she's a vamp/werewolf hybrid,race nord,her name is katja and she is a swordswoman,and the inspiration behind her was the movie underworld.
    • 271 posts
    November 17, 2012 12:05 PM EST
    Im actually working on my own version of Pontys paladin of the divines. probably going to use him!:)
    • 180 posts
    November 17, 2012 4:44 PM EST

I'll be playing my first time through for a let's play so whichever build wins the vote will be what I play first.

• November 18, 2012 6:10 PM EST

the revakriid seems like the best way to go, with some slight modifications.

• 490 posts
    November 18, 2012 6:28 PM EST
    Was working on a new Nord build, but I realized I was just trying to recreate my Dragoon. So I will most definitely be using my Dragoon as my ultimate character for any new DLC.
    • 41 posts
    November 21, 2012 7:25 AM EST
    Will be using my Argonian vampire slayer who rather than delete - now use him as a test crash dummy for DLC and the like.He uses two - handed swords so he will fit in nicely with spears to test for future builds.
    • 856 posts
    November 21, 2012 7:46 AM EST

I will create a new character; I nearly always start a new character for any DLC.  I have not worked out many details at the moment, but he/she will definately use the spear (or any new weapon) if it is included with the DLC.  I am leaning toward a red-headed female especially since I have a mod that adds more red hair tints.  A male argonian is an option if they add underwater combat (which I doubt).  Or, I may play a khajiit; perhaps I will not.  I will persue the MQ at least up to the point that dragons begin spawning in the world.  I will probably not use an existing build; it will be something that I create as I play. 

• 66 posts
    November 21, 2012 6:06 PM EST

I only have one dragonborn character; a Stalker (character build by Ponty) she'll be the one I complete the Dragonborn DLC stuff with.

As she finishes the companions storyline she's going to learn to master two handed weapons thus become a dragon slayer of legend.

If there's a darker faction then i'll reincarnate my vampire and he'll once again seek vengeance.

• 2 posts
    November 21, 2012 11:32 PM EST

basically a sun dragon  because according to lore akatosh is also the sun god auriel to the elves (have you noticed that almost all major quest Lore involve akatosh?(including DLC)

akatosh created alduin and then to balance alduin he created the dovahkiin and then as the elvish sun god

Auri-el   left his divine bow on Nirn 

and now with the dragonborn dlc his first mortal child with dragonblood is making a return to Nirn

• 1 posts
    February 7, 2013 11:29 PM EST

You know, I've been seeing this term thrown around alot since Skyrim came out....but what in the world is a sneak? Sneak is a skill, yes. For example you mentioned playing a "sneak-warrior" but anyone else would have worded it more along the lines of "stealth(or stealthy) warrior". Refering to something as a sneak-mage a sneak thief etc.....makes it sound rather redundant (in regards to a sneak-thief...who's already a stealth playstyle anyways) as well as sounding like something is simply missing. Maybe it's the lack of a "y" on the end of sneak. Who knows. I just noticed it going around and felt like commenting on it.

• 773 posts
    February 9, 2013 5:51 AM EST

It's going to be a long time before I set sail for Solstheim 

I haven't even made much of a dent in the Dawnguard stuff yet.

Yes, I know.... I need to stop making new characters and 'get on with it'