Forums » Elder Scrolls

Alteration??

• 44 posts
    November 15, 2012 6:01 PM EST
    Is alteration really worth putting perk points into?How effective can it be? I'm asking because i've never used it and i'm curious to know how beneficial its effects can be...thanks in advance Ciao
  • November 15, 2012 6:04 PM EST

300 AR (350 with the Lord stone) is nothing to sneeze at, add to that you're MUCH more mobile. And the loved Magic Resistance perks and Atronach perks are really good obviously.

• 490 posts
    November 15, 2012 6:08 PM EST

I am gonna go ahead and reiterate that I absolutely love alteration. I would go ahead and say it is my favorite skill and spell set in the game. For me, you cannot beat passive perks such as Magic Resistance and Atronach (30% spell absorption). I try to work in this skill in almost all of my builds, something I may try to stop, but I just can't do it.

For a mage wearing robes, it is invaluable to have an armor source that can reach up to 300 or more depending on your standing stone or wards. In terms of effectiveness, it is widely considered not as good as normal armor in protection value, but with high levels and stronger spells, it can be useful against most enemies.

• 285 posts
    November 15, 2012 6:10 PM EST
    Not to mention utility spells and paralysis.
    • 44 posts
    November 15, 2012 6:36 PM EST
    Thanks you guys,i'm definitely gonna give alteration a go!