Forums » Elder Scrolls

Aela the Huntress is a scavenger

• 10 posts
    September 6, 2012 2:14 AM EDT

Okay, I don't know if this bug has been fixed or not, but as far as I know, followers do not like bows that you give them, however I have just completed the companions questline and gave Aela my nord hero bow in vain hope that she would use it.  She did. but then, I noticed her picking up bows of of corpses and using them! I checked her inventory and sure enough, there was a hunting bow, an imperial bow, the nord hero bow, and a forsworn bow, has anyone else had this happen? In a previous game she wouldn't equip any bow I gave her but now she does. 

• 66 posts
    September 6, 2012 5:36 PM EDT

I've noticed this with Faendal too, although he doesn't loot bodies (that i've noticed anyway) so if you simply confiscate his hunting bow he'll use what you give him.

I'be never tried to give Aela better equipment, I dislike her.

• 952 posts
    September 6, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

Might I inform you that they probarly don't pick these items up but that for some reason (a bug maybe) followers tend to sometimes reset their weapons so they use their basic equipment instead of the better items you gave them.

• 10 posts
    September 6, 2012 11:46 PM EDT

Dieter, I went to trade with her after a battle at a forsworn camp and she had 4 of their bows in her inventory, plus the bows from an Imperial camp and Nordic barrow, she appears to be collecting all bows she comes across.  There is a hunting bow that's been in her inventory since I got her, but she never uses it, only the better ones that I give her, or she picks up, also, I have never witnessed her picking the bows up, but they were in her inventory nonetheless. 

• 38 posts
    September 10, 2012 2:37 AM EDT

I have noticed followers looting gear, I didn't notice where from but they didn't have that stuff before