Forums » General Gaming

Let’s Talk: Darksiders 2 (Death wears Prada)

• 342 posts
    August 26, 2012 1:55 AM EDT

*****SPOILER WARNING******* cause you know there might be stuff you want to see on your own so venture forth bold traveler at your own risk

Darksiders 2

The Story:

The much awaited sequel to Darksiders is finally here, and it doesn’t disappoint.  The game is set in the Limbo years of War’s imprisonment for dooming all of mankind and you play Death, his fiercer brother. To prove his brother’s innocence Death decides to restore mankind and he is prepared to go to any length, fight through any realm Heaven, Hell, Earth or in-between to see it happen.

Gamplay:

Unlike War, Death was never stripped of his powers so you start out the game already a badass, and can only improve on this as you traverse the realms on the back of your horse Despair right from the start.

You’ll find gear and gilt (the currency) on enemies and in chests; you can also buy gear from vendors. Gear and weapons are tiered white, green, blue, purple, cream and orange or (normal/trash, common, rare, epic, legendary and orange is a new one called possessed.) another new feature is the talent tree which you’ll earn points for as you level and as rewards for handing in collections to certain Npcs. There are 2 sides to the talent tree Harbinger and Necromancer as one has an obvious focus on your more in your face combat abilities and another on bolstering your ranged skills (and using a small army of ghouls to aid in your fighting) you find the stats on your gear to reflect these two sides as well.

Combat:

Death is famous for his use of the Scythe and in this game your main weapon will be dual wielding sickles that eventually transform into the Scythe and even add a touch of the Reaper the longer you keep your combo going.

But they aren’t Death’s only source of carnage as he can also wield, arm blades, claws and gauntlets as fast impact, average damage secondaries. As if this wasn’t enough he can also use the slower but higher damaging weapons such as maces, glaives and axes.

Once you have your preferred weapons sorted out its time to move into the actual combat. Death is fast and nimble often relying on dodging out of the way and then moving in when the enemy is open for attack.

You can also use any of the tools you’ve picked up along for solving puzzles in combat as well, sometimes they are the key to winning just watch the attack patterns and the fight will always land in your favour (provided you're quick enough to stay alive.)

Despair:(or undead Rapidash)  Death’s horse is with you right from the start and is able to be ridden in any open area, while riding Death can use his scythe to cut down his enemies and also charge Despair straight into them knocking them out of the way.

Side stuff:

There is plenty of stuff to see, do and collect while you are out trying to restore mankind and there are many Npcs that will reward you accordingly for your efforts in both Gilt and Skill Points. Don’t forget to check high and low for these valuable pieces

So let’s Talk : Darksiders 2: Death Lives.

Don't forget to check out my other game reviews here.

• 342 posts
    August 27, 2012 2:50 AM EDT

normally i can knock one of these games over  in a day or two, i've been playing for 5 days (not straight, of course) and still don't know when the end is :D

• 668 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:22 AM EDT

I haven't gotten this yet, Charlie but I have been waiting for a WHILE for it. I've been playing Dragon's Dogma for a couple weeks now and it's so meandering that I just can't get too into it. I guess I am going to start on DS2 soon since I am about to give up on Dragon's Dogma. I'm ready to don death's cloak and reap.