Forums » General Gaming

Please help with making my choice

• August 21, 2012 9:32 AM EDT

Do I go back to WOW or go and get GW2.

Why should I choose one over the other? I've been thinking for the last week and can't make up my mind.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Please only post here if you've actually played/playing both games in Beta or are an actual player of one or both games. Also, please no: WOW SUCKS GW2 RULES or vice versa comments. I've been browsing google and youtube but I cannot find anything that makes a good analysis of which should appeal more to the kind of game I am. For background: I have played GW: Factions but none of the others. I never played the game for very long but back then I was more into shooters and single player RPG's and didn't like MMO's at all. My taste of games changed over time and MMO is now what I enjoy the most, hence why I got WOW eventually at around end of BC. I played about a year of WOTLK, then got back on when Cata released and played that for about a year aswell.

Lemme know plox..

• 297 posts
    August 21, 2012 9:58 AM EDT

its up too you really

You obviously know what you like about WOW  but the fact that you are undecided tells its own story,

Gw2 looks pretty good the big thing is no monthly charge in initially its going too have a large user base, though i am kind of on the fence about Gw2 myself i dont like the armours that i have seen so far now thats not too say they dont get awesome looking in the endgame its just my interpretation of what i have seen so far,also the public looting/grouping mechanics looks alien too me again it could be the best part of the game but its not the norm for mmo's,

its your call though let us no your decision

• 144 posts
    August 21, 2012 4:33 PM EDT

I don't know anything about GW2, but I am a GW veteran and those games were awesome!

I've played WoW a bit, but not extensively. I didn't find it all that great. so I'd say go and get GW2.