Forums » General Gaming

Being yourself...CGI

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:42 PM EDT

Just thought of this. If you had the opportunity to scan yourself, via a mechanism like Kinect, Move, etc. in order to have a character looking physically (full body scan) just like yourself, would you? I'm sure this will be in future gaming as an option. I definitely would for A character, but not sure how attached I would be. lol You wouldn't be able to do any modifications on you face, weight, height, etc. It would even be cool if you had to "scan" in every month to update your physical change e.g. haircut, weight gain/loss, sunburned, facial hair (if male of course)....

Chew on this and give thoughts.......

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:46 PM EDT

See, that would be awesome, cause then you could actually grow up in the game. Us old folks would most likely have to deal with weight. That's the only thing that would most likely change. LOL

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:50 PM EDT

I think that would be cool.  I would like to get in better shape before though; I'm about 20 pounds (aka 10 kg, 1 stone) overweight.  I don't think I would play that character on Iromman Master though.

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:55 PM EDT

Aww come on Rune, it would be fun! Look at it like you'll be able to take punishment better. Although your speed would be slow down a bit. lol Would be taking a stamina hit...God, could you imagine us gamers getting in shape a year in advance to major game releases...ugh.

• 557 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:57 PM EDT
    I'm 18, 6' 8" tall, and I'm quite muscular (10 years of fencing, swimming, tennis, and running will do that to you), so I would gladly scan myself into a game.
    • 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 1:02 PM EDT

Aye, it would be fun - I'm actually on a weekly work-out routine right now - I would just like a little more time to get in better shape.  Of course with the monthy 'updates' it might get interesting too.

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 1:03 PM EDT

Well there you go! Even got the perks already! One-handed, Argonian water breathing, HIgh Elf speed. lol

• 557 posts
    August 5, 2012 1:05 PM EDT
    Exactly! Throw in block from fencing and two handed from tennis and I'm set to go!
    • 966 posts
    August 5, 2012 2:45 PM EDT

That would be epic, a new reason to grow a beard :p

I would do it though, and make sure to get a big beard to bring into the game, my enemies wouldn't be able to handle it

• 271 posts
    August 5, 2012 2:51 PM EDT
    Hmmmm, seems that we have "Emer-build" ;-P lol. You should maybe start with a little Archery too...;-) also...you can take lessons of a wizard and become good at illusion! Lol